Join for free
View Poll Results: Did you vote LEAVE, or REMAIN?
Voted LEAVE 27 81.82%
Voted REMAIN 5 15.15%
Did not vote 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:39 PM

Re: EU Referendum: How did you vote?

Remain.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:44 PM

I voted LEAVE
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:45 PM

I'm going to REMAIN here until I LEAVE to go and vote
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Eliza, perhaps there should be three tiers within the EU - and those with the highest GDPs (or standard of living) at the top tier, and being able to move freely within their tier and lower, and those from lower tiers having to go through applications if they want to visit a country within a tier higher than theirs.

Once the economic situations of newly added countries improve they can be considered for a new higher tier.

This prevents the 'richest' countries being 'abused' and incentivises the newer/poorer countries to do better. It also incentivises the richer countries to help the poorer ones because more top tier counties in the EU makes the EU much more stronger.

But maybe this is a debate for another thread... when REMAIN wins (just kidding! I have no idea how the vote is going to go!)

Well you lost me now . Im not interested in a Tier systum ,

thats not making us all equal .

Im interested in saving what we have and making it better ..
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:56 PM

I voted to leave on the basis we fought 2 world wars and many of our servicemen died to keep the UK free of tyranny and dictators. I just can't see why they gave their lives if they had known France and Germany were going to run this country through a gap in the back of our country door
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:59 PM

Both voted LEAVE
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 05:59 PM

I voted leave. I already pay towards supporting one parliament in my taxes and I object to paying for a second most of whom were not elected by anyone.

I have seen the stupidity and waste which came from the EU including their dreadful imposed farming and fishing policies with rules to which we as an honourable country adhered when others did not. I thought it was a mistake going into the Common Market in the first place and voted to come out last time there was a vote in 1975 and nothing has changed my mind since.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I voted leave. I already pay towards supporting one parliament in my taxes and I object to paying for a second most of whom were not elected by anyone.

I have seen the stupidity and waste which came from the EU including their dreadful imposed farming and fishing policies with rules to which we as an honourable country adhered when others did not. I thought it was a mistake going into the Common Market in the first place and voted to come out last time there was a vote in 1975 and nothing has changed my mind since.
Your taxes are paying to support at least three parliaments Meg, English, Welsh and Scottish and probably more.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I voted remain

It wasn't an easy decision though - there are pros and cons for each.

The funny thing is, if the 'nasty' parties (and many of their followers) hadn't been such a huge part of the leave campaign (and used immigration and xenophobic language throughout their campaign) I might have voted differently. As it stands, a win for leave will just, in some people's minds, validate the racist views that they already hold. That will only end in tears - for everyone involved.

I suppose I am more interested in a united world, where we do our bit for all of humanity. It's the only thing that might help save us as a species and our planet, imo.
Are you related to Uncle Joe by any chance?

I voted leave, mostly to regain our independence from the clutches of an unelected, unaccountable, interfering, arrogant political elite whose motives and actions care nought for the good of Britain, but only themselves.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
Your taxes are paying to support at least three parliaments Meg, English, Welsh and Scottish and probably more.
Malcolm I have no objections to helping to support the Welsh, Scots and Northern Irish , they are part of the UK Europe is not.

They have also contributed immeasurably to the UK as a whole unlike the EU.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top