Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 09:40 PM

Re: Just been to vote, what a total shambles and balls up.

Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 10:48 PM

It did look like a shamble to me. Our poling station was a local school manned by 3 fairly useless women using printed paper lists and a pencil and ruler to cross off people's names. FFS are we really in the 21st century here? Why is there no laptop with a simple application on it?

My poling card stated on it that I didn't need to take it (but I took it anyway).

I asked the useless women, "What would have happened if I hadn't brought my card?"

The woman said:

"We'd have just looked you up on the list"

"But I could be anybody I said, you haven't asked for any ID or anything, I could say I was anyone"

She just shrugged her shoulders and gave a rather sheepish look.

Presumably if I did impersonate someone then when the real someone came along they would see it had been crossed off the list. They would then have to open up the vote box and ferret out the specific card with the specific serial number on it for that person, then destroy it and allow the real someone to vote, that is after asking for ID and being sure who it is !

Looking at the whole set up, 3 dozy women, a canvass vote bag/box, it's not difficult to see how that bag could be switched anywhere on transit from the polling station to its ultimate destination.

As I have often said. Voting and people's view of democracy is a pure illusion. A complete smoke screen to pacify the dumb masses.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 11:03 PM

Well I must be dumber than most, I didn't even look at what I thought was my voting card until I was at the door of the portacabin.

If voting is a smoke screen to pacify the dumb masses why did you waste your time voting?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2016, 11:48 PM

Our little local polling station said they'd had over 400 people voting so far.
That was about 5.30 this evening.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:36 AM

I'm told ours ran pretty well, there was a bit of kerfuffle over a dog tied outside that wouldn't let anyone in for about ten minutes but after that had been collected and apologies given it ran like clockwork.

People at work all had mixed experiences from one flooded approach to someone illegally canvassing at the door a big no no always has been.

When the IT guy left to place his vote and said he was an in it did briefly cross my mind to rugby tackle him but my dignity reamians intact I resisted the impulse
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm told ours ran pretty well, there was a bit of kerfuffle over a dog tied outside that wouldn't let anyone in for about ten minutes
Certain members may say it was a failed attempt to hinder voting....a ploy by the 'Remain' campaigners.

The invisible powers that be
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Certain members may say it was a failed attempt to hinder voting....a ploy by the 'Remain' campaigners.

The invisible powers that be
Yes definitely well trained by brexiteers or remainers
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
If voting is a smoke screen to pacify the dumb masses why did you waste your time voting?
To make it as difficult as possible for the cronies to rig the vote, or in case I was wrong. Turns out I did the right thing as, had I and others like me not voted, we would be staring at a Remain win.

I still think some skullduggery will arise shortly. Early days !

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top