Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Re: Our generation

The kids are clueless. They have learned some "sound bites" so as to appear not to be ignorant but as yet they have no life skills.

They are already on the slavery conveyor belt which, at present, they accept, welcome and treat like a pair of old slippers. Later on they will see how the wool has been drawn over their eyes and what a complete mess they are in. A mess they are unlikely to get out of for many many many years. Sadly, many of them will be working until they literally drop dead. They are not yet at the stage of maturity where you can effectively teach them about all this. They need to spend years in the "Matrix" and see for themselves what a trap and prison it is. Then they will be voting for change and wondering why the next generation of kids hold differing views.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The kids are clueless. They have learned some "sound bites" so as to appear not to be ignorant but as yet they have no life skills.

They are already on the slavery conveyor belt which, at present, they accept, welcome and treat like a pair of old slippers. Later on they will see how the wool has been drawn over their eyes and what a complete mess they are in. A mess they are unlikely to get out of for many many many years. Sadly, many of them will be working until they literally drop dead. They are not yet at the stage of maturity where you can effectively teach them about all this. They need to spend years in the "Matrix" and see for themselves what a trap and prison it is. Then they will be voting for change and wondering why the next generation of kids hold differing views.
This is the point, survival means work, and, if in the course of this, you dispatch, so what, surely that is better than staring at the wallpaper, in a Rest Home?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This is the point, survival means work, and, if in the course of this, you dispatch, so what, surely that is better than staring at the wallpaper, in a Rest Home?
Depends what your job is I think a fire person, nurse ambulance person, any manual worker etc deserves a rest at the end I certainly don't want an old lady trying to carry a young man down a ladder to save him from a fire.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:00 PM

There is no down time in evolution, is there?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:05 PM

There is no down time in evolution, is there?
No but do we want to die earlier like our ancestors cos it will happen if we work our manuals workers to death again.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Of course they have a point, by the time all things are settled after leaving many older people will not be around.My son too has made some very good points against brexit. Now we have voted to do so it has caused chaos all round the world.Our cost of living will go up because we will be trading still with Europe , who will charge us high,all our cheap labour done by europeans will be left vacant ,as English workers wont do the jobs, and employers will not want to pay more to get them to do the jobs,or if they do they will put up the cost of their products. so much was not thought about in the frenzy
So Yes the young do have a right to blame the old for blighting their future
Sorry Deylon but being negative did not make Britain GREAT. The cost of living might spike for a few weeks or months: What did you think would happen? I'm sure everybody who voted to exit were under no illusion that there would be financial waves around the world. If the economists are as good as they think they are they will sort it out. It's about time they earned their bonuses.

How come Europe will charge us high? Britain has a population of over sixty million, that's the largest population of any EU country, do you think they will restrict the biggest customer in Europe? They'd be putting their workers on short time.

There are plenty of foreign workers working and living in Britain, contributing to our economy. Nobody is going to send them home, anyway, they are British citizens now, why would we? We should make restrictions on any further entrants, only allowing in the skills we need.

No, the young have no right whatsoever to blame the old for 'blighting their future'
Without the older generation they wouldn't have a future. All the soldiers who gave their lives in two world wars so they could be free, and what have they done with those freedoms? Gave them away to the people who wanted to take them away in the first place.

I don't suppose you have a problem yet in Harrow with immigrants from Romania or Bulgaria who throw their rubbish out into the streets and sit around fires drinking and shouting until the early hours. Who occupy whole streets making them no go areas for anybody, not even other immigrants who are hard working law abiding such as the Polish. There are many clashes between the Polish and the Romanians and Bulgarians.
Sounds like something that happens in the middle east doesn't it, well actually it's Rotherham and Doncaster. Is it any surprise that South Yorkshire had one of the biggest victories for Brexit.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-06-2016, 10:12 PM

I thought this was about working one's self to death?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:19 PM

I thought this was about working one's self to death?
All work and no play makes Spitty a dull boy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 10:22 PM

Hi

I am not entirely convinced that the youngsters, kids, whatever people call them are as clueless as some make out.

They are not all impressionable young 18 year olds and perhaps some of us are being somewhat arrogant in assuming so.

My two are early thirties and highly intelligent and successful.

My brothers two are both Oxford educated, one is an experimental chemist, the other one is a geologist.

They also have very good jobs.

They all voted remain.

Their views of the world are just different to ours, none of them are impressionable idiots.

Voting out will not bring steel, mining or heavy industry back, the world is a very different place now.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

24-06-2016, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
All work and no play makes Spitty a dull boy.
I am confident, I've done my bit, like I was told, there will be time for play.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top