Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:07 PM

Re: Brexit: What happens now?

As xenophophia and racist abuse surges around the country the petition for another referendum achieves 3 and a quarter million signatures from those of us who want to reverse the result.

Sign here if you want to return our country to sanity:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
As xenophophia and racist abuse surges around the country the petition for another referendum achieves 3 and a quarter million signatures from those of us who want to reverse the result.

keep up with the news
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36634407
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 04:23 PM

As xenophophia and racist abuse surges around the country
Is it! I hadn't looked out the window for a while.
I'll finish this post later after I've just run to barricade my front door... check my food cupboard is well stocked with biccies ....drag my flak jacket out the back of the wardrobe .......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:00 PM

As xenophophia and racist abuse surges around the country
You must live in a very strange part of the country then there isn't any surging around here...
We have just accepted 50 Syrian refugees in this area and some of them probably have got my donated furniture by now.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:03 PM

You want one of these, protects against surges.

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:05 PM

Has someone let their underage child join the forum?

Looks like the petition is about to be shot down in flames anyway ...

Second EU referendum petition investigated for fraud
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36634407

Oops ...
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:18 PM

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...Q&ocid=UE07DHP
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:19 PM

If you sign any petition to overthrow a democratic referendum then you are effectively an enemy of the country. Such action can be nothing more than Fascism and Dictatorship, the very evils that this country has historically fought so hard against.

The youngsters are tapping away on their keyboards like crazy at the moment, unwilling to accept a democratic decision and trying to reverse the whole process.

They want to discriminate and selectively choose who can vote and when they can vote. Utterly appalling responses to a fair referendum.

Best to just ignore the flak. These people are desperate to have their way, even though a legitimate majority voted for a different result.

The solution is simple. If you are not wanting democracy, not willing to abide by a democratic process then bugger off to an undemocratic country and try your hand at changing that country to be the way you want it. They are poor losers desperately spreading mis-information to try and get another referendum.

If the government were to overturn this referendum, I suspect there will be civil war. In truth, I strongly suspect that the stealthy powers that be are actually orchestrating a civil war.

We need to not be duped, not fight each other, not let them divide and conquer us. We ARE leaving the EU. Work together to make it good.
moreover
North Wales, UK

26-06-2016, 05:27 PM

Who's going to sort out this mess we've got ourselves into? We need a strong government now but Cameron, who started the whole thing with his 'clever' idea of out-flanking UKIP with his promise to hold a referendum, has chucked in the towel and left the stage. Labour is having it's own timely revolution and thousands are allegedly rejoining the Lib-Dems.

Boris is alleged to be really smart, despite giving no evidence of it so far, and the Leavers might just listen to him if he gets in fast and tells them to stop their racist bullying. Someone said we need Nye Bevan and I must agree with that, but, unfortunately he's dead and I haven't seen anyone of that quality in Parliament since Tony Benn went.

Anyone want to bet against Tony Blair putting his greasy spoke in? It looks like I'm going to need a boost to my pension in the next few years.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:55 PM

Who's going to sort out this mess we've got ourselves into? We need a strong government now but Cameron, who started the whole thing with his 'clever' idea of out-flanking UKIP with his promise to hold a referendum, has chucked in the towel and left the stage. Labour is having it's own timely revolution and thousands are allegedly rejoining the Lib-Dems.

Boris is alleged to be really smart, despite giving no evidence of it so far, and the Leavers might just listen to him if he gets in fast and tells them to stop their racist bullying. Someone said we need Nye Bevan and I must agree with that, but, unfortunately he's dead and I haven't seen anyone of that quality in Parliament since Tony Benn went.

Anyone want to bet against Tony Blair putting his greasy spoke in? It looks like I'm going to need a boost to my pension in the next few years.
Racist bullying my arse. That article you linked to was as tepid as it could be with regard to racism. Probably more than that occurs all the time and isn't linked to the EU vote at all.

This one...
http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews...Q&ocid=UE07DHP

The referendum didn't have a question linked to whether or not you liked immigrants did it? If you go back just a little way pratically all of us are decendants of immigrants so why would we suddenly hate them all?

Utter nonsense. People voted out because of concerns, genuine concerns, that are far more adult in nature than your constant harping on about xenophobia and racism ones.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top