Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 07:30 PM

Johnson and Gove - have they lost/messed up?

This is an excellent comment written by a reader on a newspaper story... do you agree? Have they made a huge mess not just of their own careers but the Conservative party as well?

(click to enlarge)

orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:20 PM

Re: Johnson and Gove - have they lost/messed up?

Fascinating insight, and quite thought-provoking. Thanks Azz.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
This is an excellent comment written by a reader on a newspaper story... do you agree? Have they made a huge mess not just of their own careers but the Conservative party as well?

(click to enlarge)

Barmy logic .

Good for a laugh and that is about it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:36 PM

It sounds as though it was written by someone who wishes they had 'lost'.

I believe in time we all will gain but that is not going to even begin to happen until the bitter postmortem ends.

I am quite appalled by the bad sportsmanship being displayed by some who were on the losing side of the referendum.
Democracy is all about accepting a majority vote, biting your lip and getting on with it.
Although a supporter of 'leave' I would not have expected anyone on that side to make a fuss if we lost, that's democracy and to preserve it was one of my main reasons for wanting to leave the EU in the first place.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It sounds as though it was written by someone who wishes they had 'lost'.

I believe in time we all will gain but that is not going to even begin to happen until the bitter postmortem ends.

I am quite appalled by the bad sportsmanship being displayed by some who were on the losing side of the referendum.
Democracy is all about accepting a majority vote, biting your lip and getting on with it.
Although a supporter of 'leave' I would not have expected anyone on that side to make a fuss if we lost, that's democracy and to preserve it was one of my main reasons for wanting to leave the EU in the first place.
I would imagine if the result was different your opinion might be slightly different. Ok you won.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 08:57 PM

In a referendum as important and potentially dangerous as this was Cameron should have ensured there was a threshold below which the result would not be binding.
As it is, 37% of the population are going to dictate the possible end of the United Kingdom, the breakdown of the Ulster Peace Process and the prolonged depression if not downright collapse of the national economy.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I would imagine if the result was different your opinion might be slightly different. Ok you won.
It doesn't surprise me at all that you would 'imagine ' that having previously stated in another thread ...

''Sadly all people saw was immigration and not the bigger picture''.

..so you are clearly someone who fails to appreciate that some of us have a level of integrity.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

26-06-2016, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
As it is, 37% of the population are going to dictate the possible end of the United Kingdom, the breakdown of the Ulster Peace Process and the prolonged depression if not downright collapse of the national economy.
'Possible' being the operative word and judging by the negativity of some people it is almost as though they want that to happen just to prove a point.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:08 PM

'Possible' being the operative word and judging by the negativity of some people it is almost as though they want that to happen just to prove a point.
Well, it would be acceptable if part of the price was the consignment of the Conservative Party to history along with our barely democratic electoral system..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

26-06-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
Well, it would be acceptable if part of the price was the consignment of the Conservative Party to history along with our barely democratic electoral system..
Such a narrow view, so you would be happy with a one party system then and a virtual dictatorship with no opposition
Try Russia or North Korea , I am sure one of them would suit you fine

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top