Join for free
Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 12:05 PM

Re: New Immigration System

Originally Posted by Bread ->
And the immigrant workers all have a work permit.
In theory nothing to stop us issuing work permits to both skilled and unskilled workers. However the powers that be seem unable to even issue documents for settled status. So it will be interesting to see how the new system is managed. Via bank accounts and access to healthcare?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
In theory nothing to stop us issuing work permits to both skilled and unskilled workers. However the powers that be seem unable to even issue documents for settled status. So it will be interesting to see how the new system is managed. Via bank accounts and access to healthcare?
Settled status is done here on-line.

Immigrants will receive a tax code and an NHS number like everyone else - provided they meet the criteria for working here it shouldn't be a problem, we do this anyway.

So far we have around 99% acceptance rate in the UK with about 2.5 million applicants processed and accepted already.

As for the 27, its a bit of a tragedy. Where the UK has offered settled status free of charge, France are charging €119 and Austria over €200 for UK citizens to apply for settled status (talk about making it difficult for UK citizens compared to the UK offering this for free) and the other 25 countries are yet to decide on what they will charge. Perhaps their financial situations are a lot worse than they lead us to believe (more than likely).

Still there are only about 850K UK citizens applying for citizenship in the EU compared to around 3.5 million EU citizens that are applying here in the UK. Just shows how incompetent these 27 countries in the EU are when it comes to getting anything done. It's a long way from Merkels 1 million migrants she let in for free without any paper work a few years ago

But there again they weren't white christians who stopped Germanys dominance of Europe twice before.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:27 PM

Settled status does not give applicants any physical proof. A German friend who has lived here for about 30 years was very unimpressed. The email is not even a confirmation document and there is some sort of online verification process which apparently isn't working properly. In terms of other countries well we chose to leave so we should be negotiating fair terms for our citizens. We are lucky that the others are putting some form of arrangements in place at all. They do not have to!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 01:31 PM

Not sure of your point ref "white Christians" To what do you refer?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2020, 01:43 PM

Settled status does not give applicants any physical proof. A German friend who has lived here for about 30 years was very unimpressed. The email is not even a confirmation document and there is some sort of online verification process which apparently isn't working properly. In terms of other countries well we chose to leave so we should be negotiating fair terms for our citizens. We are lucky that the others are putting some form of arrangements in place at all. They do not have to!
You get proof when you interrogate the database with your details on. It's quite simple - next (as a leftie) you will be jumping up and down about having to have an ID card and how it infringes your human rights, but on the other hand, it's OK for EU citizens to have them. You can't have it both ways.

I take it you don't believe in equality for EU citizens and UK citizens when it comes to settled status ?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 01:53 PM

Not sure of your point ref "white Christians" To what do you refer?
Merkels immigrants were black muslims who were allowed in for free, unchecked, no problem at all - one million of them, over 140,000 more than the UK citizens living in the EU currently. Immigrants coming over to the EU in dinghies etc also get to settle in the EU free of charge.

The UK being a mostly white christian country do not have this same level of equality when settling in the EU. We have to pay €119 in France or €210 for Austria (unlike EU citizens who get to settle here for free).

Other countries in the EU are yet to decide how much to charge UK citizens living in their country for citizenship applications.

So, going by your principles, wouldn't you say this is racist towards the UK by the EU ?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 02:06 PM

You get proof when you interrogate the database with your details on. It's quite simple - next (as a leftie) you will be jumping up and down about having to have an ID card and how it infringes your human rights, but on the other hand, it's OK for EU citizens to have them. You can't have it both ways.

I take it you don't believe in equality for EU citizens and UK citizens when it comes to settled status ?
Please don't pigeonhole me. I am for ID cards but not for the ID card telling an unknown entity what is in my underwear drawer. As they cannot agree on what's in /out of ID cards we don't have them yet.

I don't believe our govt believes in equality for settled status for brits living in the EU. They have not made enough efforts to help and reassure them.

I'm not sure why they got rid of the cards in the first place. Most countries use them.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 02:11 PM

Merkels immigrants were black muslims who were allowed in for free, unchecked, no problem at all - one million of them, over 140,000 more than the UK citizens living in the EU currently. Immigrants coming over to the EU in dinghies etc also get to settle in the EU free of charge.

The UK being a mostly white christian country do not have this same level of equality when settling in the EU. We have to pay €119 in France or €210 for Austria (unlike EU citizens who get to settle here for free).

Other countries in the EU are yet to decide how much to charge UK citizens living in their country for citizenship applications.

So, going by your principles, wouldn't you say this is racist towards the UK by the EU ?
Syrians and other middle Easterners are hardly classed as black as a group and we are hardly white Christian these days! You must be visiting some extremist sites. Still totally unclear on your point which seems quite bizarre tbh.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 02:25 PM

Syrians and other middle Easterners are hardly classed as black as a group and we are hardly white Christian these days! You must be visiting some extremist sites. Still totally unclear on your point which seems quite bizarre tbh.
If you look at the pictures of these migrants they are mostly black and muslim.

I'm not visiting extreme sites either - your just being silly. If you don't understand my points, feel free to ask.

In my posts I'm highlighting that we need equality in UK and EU citizenship and giving examples of how unequal and biased against UK citizens it is from the EU. You are arguing that its perfectly OK for the EU to treat the UK differently (even to migrants from Syria and outside the EU) and then you say I'm extremist ???

Brilliant !
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

21-02-2020, 03:09 PM

If you look at the pictures of these migrants they are mostly black and muslim.

I'm not visiting extreme sites either - your just being silly. If you don't understand my points, feel free to ask.

In my posts I'm highlighting that we need equality in UK and EU citizenship and giving examples of how unequal and biased against UK citizens it is from the EU. You are arguing that its perfectly OK for the EU to treat the UK differently (even to migrants from Syria and outside the EU) and then you say I'm extremist ???

Brilliant !
I still don't understand your "white Christian" vs "black Muslims" point or why this is relevant at all. You don't have a point so seems you're dressing things up with a them v us pseudo religious racial non argument to beef up what's basically limp waffle.

I've already said it's up to the UK to negotiate good terms for our EU citizens. We appear to have failed thus far. In the absence of that it's up to nation states how to manage this. We are lucky they are putting anything at all in place. It's additional work for them because of our decision so I don't see why you have umbrage with that.

Page 14 of 20 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top