Join for free
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 05:34 PM

Model Railways

A few macro pics of a Model Railway exhibit which was being held locally. Many years ago when I was a teenager, I was seriously into model railways, but family issues put a stop to it - apart from taking up a lot of space and being hideously expensive. I have always had a keen interest ever since and occasionally go to the odd exhibition just to see how the world of model railways has progressed over the years. I have made a half-promise to myself to maybe go back to it when I retire.

In the meantime, enjoy.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 08:25 PM

Re: Model Railways

Graham, RMweb May be of interest to you. The detail on these models are incredible.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2016, 11:11 PM

That used to be every boy's dream years ago ....... I wonder if boy's think the same today. My grandson had a lovely train set when he was younger, he hasn't played with it for years and he's 13 now.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That used to be every boy's dream years ago ....... I wonder if boy's think the same today. My grandson had a lovely train set when he was younger, he hasn't played with it for years and he's 13 now.
Sadly, its stuff like PS4's, XBoxes and Ipads and such which seems to dominate kid's time these days. Surprisingly, the market for model railways is booming and is getting better with the addition of all sorts of technology, which simply was unheard of a few years ago.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 07:11 PM

I would love to create a model railway Graham but just don't have the space unfortunately.

Many years ago, I used to work with a graphic artist who, in his spare time would make his own buildings from scratch. He would take photographs, then scale it down to fit. The idea was he would box them all away when finished then assemble them when he retired. Each roof tile would be cut individually and glued in position. He always worked using a huge magnifying glass.

The models were amazing and included a red phone box, with a phone inside and a door that opened and a bicycle who's back wheel would turn when the pedals were rotated. The bicycle was about 1/2" long.

I hope you manage to start again.

Amazing stuff but unfortunately I never got to see the finished layout.
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2016, 09:24 PM

Did they have guards onboard?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2016, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
Did they have guards onboard?
I looked inside but couldn't see anyone.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top