Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 06:44 PM

Re: DUTCH Super Trawler

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
As you could know, much of the fish caught in british waters is exported to africa (after processing in the netherlands). The margiris fishing before african coast (with processing on board) gives the africans their own fish. It leaves the fish in british waters for european fishermen.
Alas, politicians didn't understand that. And as you follow politicians reasoning, you come to the same erroneous conlusion.
In other words Solly, much of the fish caught in uk waters is
processed in netherlands for export to africa!
Meanwhile Margiris is off the coast of africa catching and canning
THEIR fish to sell back to countries that allready have their own
fishing and canning industries existing???
Seems to me netherlands has managed to set up a nice little scheme
to rob other countries of their fish and then have the cheek to sell
it back to them value added??
The fact you may have an agreement with some of these governments
cuts no ice in Africa due to politicians propensity for corruption!!

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 06:58 PM

It's not just about the financial side. Our fishing is simply unsustainable with these factory ships destroying marine life and natural habitats. We have even set up special marine conservation zones just to try and protect species from being wiped out completely.

The EU allows this practice and turns a blind eye, telling everyone it's in favour of protecting the environment and high standards for animal rights. When tonnes of fish are thrown back dead, seals and dolphins are killed by their nets, the food chain is destroyed by dragging nets over the sea bed time and time again it's no wonder that us Brexiteers have had enough.

In accordance with EU law there is nothing stopping these trawlers taking tonnes and tonnes of bass from our territorial waters each day. As a recreational area angler it is ILLEGAL for me to take a single sizeable bass in this half of the year. The other half of the year I am only allowed to take one - with undersized fish thrown back dead. It is again ILLEGAL for me to take an undersized dead fish home - it must go back into the sea.

The remainers ofcourse, laughed at me when I said I was an active campaigner for "fishing for leave". I hope they don't mind farmed undersized bass from Tesco which has been swimming in it's own shit all its life.

If you feel appalled by all of this then join the fight against it.

http://ffl.org.uk
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
It's not just about the financial side. Our fishing is simply unsustainable with these factory ships destroying marine life and natural habitats. We have even set up special marine conservation zones just to try and protect species from being wiped out completely.

The EU allows this practice and turns a blind eye, telling everyone it's in favour of protecting the environment and high standards for animal rights. When tonnes of fish are thrown back dead, seals and dolphins are killed by their nets, the food chain is destroyed by dragging nets over the sea bed time and time again it's no wonder that us Brexiteers have had enough.

In accordance with EU law there is nothing stopping these trawlers taking tonnes and tonnes of bass from our territorial waters each day. As a recreational area angler it is ILLEGAL for me to take a single sizeable bass in this half of the year. The other half of the year I am only allowed to take one - with undersized fish thrown back dead. It is again ILLEGAL for me to take an undersized dead fish home - it must go back into the sea.

The remainers ofcourse, laughed at me when I said I was an active campaigner for "fishing for leave". I hope they don't mind farmed undersized bass from Tesco which has been swimming in it's own shit all its life.

If you feel appalled by all of this then join the fight against it.

http://ffl.org.uk
It seems that, if the EU dictators are complicit in this illegal fishing, they are treating us differently to the Netherlands and quite probably the other member countries.

We know they are corrupt in many ways, but this action is a direct assault on our country.

If anyone is still in any doubt, surely now we know exactly what we must do. We must leave as soon as possible and put in place whatever is necessary to defend ourselves.

We could start by publicising this event internationally. Let the world see what the EU is like. See how much they trust them. See how much they still want to deal with them.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It seems that, if the EU dictators are complicit in this illegal fishing, they are treating us differently to the Netherlands and quite probably the other member countries.

We know they are corrupt in many ways, but this action is a direct assault on our country.

If anyone is still in any doubt, surely now we know exactly what we must do. We must leave as soon as possible and put in place whatever is necessary to defend ourselves.

We could start by publicising this event internationally. Let the world see what the EU is like. See how much they trust them. See how much they still want to deal with them.

We've been against it for 40 years but it makes no difference. Under QMV the 27 out vote us every time that's why Farage doesnt even bother turning up to vote.... theres just no point .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 10:06 PM

We've been against it for 40 years but it makes no difference. Under QMV the 27 out vote us every time that's why Farage doesnt even bother turning up to vote.... theres just no point .
That's exactly the disadvantage I have been complaining about for years: the fact that we have only 1/28th say in what laws are passed and what actions are taken.

When we were an independent nation, our votes counted. We voted for what WE want, not what 1/28th of people want.

Of course, we still have a bit of a problem: whatever our MPs promise us, they do not necessarily have to deliver. In such circumstances, we must then wait for five years before we can change our rulers. Guess which B Liar brought that in!

Once we are again a free nation, we must also push for more frequent general elections, perhaps even upon popular demand.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

15-10-2019, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's exactly the disadvantage I have been complaining about for years: the fact that we have only 1/28th say in what laws are passed and what actions are taken.

When we were an independent nation, our votes counted. We voted for what WE want, not what 1/28th of people want.

Of course, we still have a bit of a problem: whatever our MPs promise us, they do not necessarily have to deliver. In such circumstances, we must then wait for five years before we can change our rulers. Guess which B Liar brought that in!

Once we are again a free nation, we must also push for more frequent general elections, perhaps even upon popular demand.

You hit on a very important point JBR. Outside the EU out government has nobody else to blame.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-10-2019, 10:36 PM

You hit on a very important point JBR. Outside the EU out government has nobody else to blame.
Yes, so they'd better get their acts together!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
In other words Solly, much of the fish caught in uk waters is
processed in netherlands for export to africa!
Meanwhile Margiris is off the coast of africa catching and canning
THEIR fish to sell back to countries that allready have their own
fishing and canning industries existing???
Seems to me netherlands has managed to set up a nice little scheme
to rob other countries of their fish and then have the cheek to sell
it back to them value added??
The fact you may have an agreement with some of these governments
cuts no ice in Africa due to politicians propensity for corruption!!

Regards Donkeyman!
That's a communist view of things donks. In the view of british imperialists it is the normal way to organize things. You and jbr seem to have young hearts. When you're young it goes with the age to have leftish views. You and jbr are still at that age in mind and heart. Good for you!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

16-10-2019, 03:15 PM

That's a communist view of things donks. In the view of british imperialists it is the normal way to organize things. You and jbr seem to have young hearts. When you're young it goes with the age to have leftish views. You and jbr are still at that age in mind and heart. Good for you!
Its not a communist way of thinking about things at all Solasch. Here you have a big factory ship hoovering up thousands of tons of fish every day and the poorer country, Africa can't do anything about it.

Your ignoring the imperialism of the EU Empire - on one side your sneering at the imperialistic past of the UK and on the other your ignoring the imperialistic future of your EU Empire.

Your demonstrating just how hypocritical and ignorant the EU fanboys are
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 03:50 PM

I see you havent refuted anything l have said about the the EUs
and Hollands in particulars attitude as to how to carry out their
fishing ( or fishy?) business throughout the world Solly??
As to your assertion about my being a communist, l think you
need to change your spectacles as your views sem a little
distorted?
Regards Donkeyman!

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top