Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 02:00 PM

Re: The irony of it all.

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wonder what Gina Miller thinks of parliamentary sovereignty this morning
Nothing will change her opinion because in her own mind she will always be right and to hell with what the majority think. . . reminds me of McDonnell & Co
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
Nothing will change her opinion because in her own mind she will always be right and to hell with what the majority think. . . reminds me of McDonnell & Co
Did you see her squirming last night? She hasn't got a leg to stand on any more.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
She has cost our country a lot of money
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 03:18 PM

I reckon she is too busy signing up for next year's celebrity bake off.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 03:39 PM

Just been reading that she says she is not giving up and is now plotting to take on Boris with the trade negotiations.

I do wish she would crawl back under her stone.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...on-news-latest
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Just been reading that she says she is not giving up and is now plotting to take on Boris with the trade negotiations.

I do wish she would crawl back under her stone.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...on-news-latest
I wonder whether her rich backers might try to bribe Conservative MPs to overturn Brexit.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Money talks.

Fortunately, voters talk too. I think the first thing that Boris should do is to pass a law whereby any MP not doing what s/he was elected to do must be subjected to a compulsory by-election.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I wonder whether her rich backers might try to bribe Conservative MPs to overturn Brexit.
It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Money talks.

Fortunately, voters talk too. I think the first thing that Boris should do is to pass a law whereby any MP not doing what s/he was elected to do must be subjected to a compulsory by-election.
Agree, Every MP should be subject to action by their local party if they feel he or she is not doing what they were elected to do.

And definitely, no MP should be allowed to be elected to represent their party, then shimmy over to another party if and when they feel like it. It should be made a law that if they are no longer prepared to represent the party they were elected for, then they should first be made to stand in a by-election as either a candidate for their new chosen party or an independent. Let their constituents decide then whether they still want them as their MP representing a different party.

Surely. that is only fair and right?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 05:13 PM

The FTSE 100 and 500 have shot up as has the £ against the Euro and the Dollar...... so much for the financial collapse if we left.

I'm so pleased at the outcome...... go Boris
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Agree, Every MP should be subject to action by their local party if they feel he or she is not doing what they were elected to do.

And definitely, no MP should be allowed to be elected to represent their party, then shimmy over to another party if and when they feel like it. It should be made a law that if they are no longer prepared to represent the party they were elected for, then they should first be made to stand in a by-election as either a candidate for their new chosen party or an independent. Let their constituents decide then whether they still want them as their MP representing a different party.

Surely. that is only fair and right?
I saw on www.order-order.com that every MP who left the party under which they were elected, without requesting a by - election has now lost their seat - and quite right too!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2019, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I saw on www.order-order.com that every MP who left the party under which they were elected, without requesting a by - election has now lost their seat - and quite right too!
Agreed ... especially Anna Soubry

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top