Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 03:47 PM

Re: Liberation of Auschwitz

Not long ago a German friend who lives in Germany said that when she sees a woman in a hijab she wants to rip it off and shake some sense into her. I don't see that as tolerant. They hate the immigrants. Prejudice is the same as always.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Not long ago a German friend who lives in Germany said that when she sees a woman in a hijab she wants to rip it off and shake some sense into her. I don't see that as tolerant. They hate the immigrants. Prejudice is the same as always.
Annie, have you been to Germany recently and seen and experienced what these awfully immigrants and so called asylum seekers and illegals have DONE and continue to do?

Or Belgium, France, Holland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Greece and more?

Tolerate that, especially when confronted with one "in uniform" and you're seven kinds of bloody fool. It's hard enough not to react to it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Annie, have you been to Germany recently and seen and experienced what these awfully immigrants and so called asylum seekers and illegals have DONE and continue to do?

Or Belgium, France, Holland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Greece and more?

Tolerate that, especially when confronted with one "in uniform" and you're seven kinds of bloody fool. It's hard enough not to react to it.
That's just one example. This is a German friend who I really like and I was shocked at her statement because it's so out of character, or maybe not. It just seems normal there to think badly of foreigners and if that's the nice end of things. If the nice people think that way you can imagine what others think. I'm sure in business it's very different, very civilised and slick, beer halls and jovial slaps on the back but don't pretend that there is no strong undercurrent of xenophobia and no doubt anti-semitism still in Germany. It's always been there. Things like that don't go away. The whole subject of Germany's Nazi past is being gradually replaced with a revisionist halo. It's amazing PR. But it was always a civilised place even when the most awful atrocities were taking place elsewhere people were going to the opera and enjoying kaffee und kuchen on the banks of the Rhine. All they need is a different party taking control.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 10:54 AM

That's just one example. This is a German friend who I really like and I was shocked at her statement because it's so out of character, or maybe not. It just seems normal there to think badly of foreigners and if that's the nice end of things. If the nice people think that way you can imagine what others think. I'm sure in business it's very different, very civilised and slick, beer halls and jovial slaps on the back but don't pretend that there is no strong undercurrent of xenophobia and no doubt anti-semitism still in Germany. It's always been there. Things like that don't go away. The whole subject of Germany's Nazi past is being gradually replaced with a revisionist halo. It's amazing PR. But it was always a civilised place even when the most awful atrocities were taking place elsewhere people were going to the opera and enjoying kaffee und kuchen on the banks of the Rhine. All they need is a different party taking control.
When were you last in Germany and for how long overall?

And how many of YOUR family members "went up the chimneys"?

If there's anyone who should be hyper suspicious of the Eric's then trust me, I'm one such person.

Other than VERY understandably and VERY justifiably the only foreigners that the Eric's have any antipathy towards are the majority of immigrants and bogus asylum seekers - and with VERY good reason.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-01-2020, 06:20 PM

When were you last in Germany and for how long overall?

And how many of YOUR family members "went up the chimneys"?

If there's anyone who should be hyper suspicious of the Eric's then trust me, I'm one such person.

Other than VERY understandably and VERY justifiably the only foreigners that the Eric's have any antipathy towards are the majority of immigrants and bogus asylum seekers - and with VERY good reason.
I'm not clear on why your questions are relevant. It's estimated that WWII alone led to 75 million avoidable deaths. WWII was a German war following WWI which is estimated to have caused 40 million avoidable deaths. Also started by Germany. How can you justify that nobody else here has a right to a view? It was a world war so we were all affected by Germany's aggression. I'm sure the desire for world domination hasn't disappeared.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-01-2020, 06:31 PM

Where have I ever even suggested no one else has a right to a view.

As a matter of historical FACT WW1 was not started by Germany, nor was WW2 but the disgraceful terms of the equally disgraceful Treaty of Versailles which followed an armistice that was totally ignored once the fighting had ended resulted in the German people revolting because of where Versailles had left them.

As for my questions they are simply to establish how much you actually know about the country that you are making the most awfully accusations about that are actually profoundly racist.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 06:39 PM

Humans are the most dangerous beings on the planet. Not only to the life here but to each other. We just kid ourselves if we think we are peaceful and kind.
How true .
Even our nearest relative in the animal world ( the chimpanzee) is inclined to bully and murder its fellow chimps.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-01-2020, 06:42 PM

Where have I ever even suggested no one else has a right to a view.

As a matter of historical FACT WW1 was not started by Germany, nor was WW2 but the disgraceful terms of the equally disgraceful Treaty of Versailles which followed an armistice that was totally ignored once the fighting had ended resulted in the German people revolting because of where Versailles had left them.

As for my questions they are simply to establish how much you actually know about the country that you are making the most awfully accusations about that are actually profoundly racist.
I shouldn't have to explain myself. It's not a competition here on who has a PhD etc. Your revisionist views are noted.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2020, 06:43 PM

I knew there would be a reason why I disliked Chimps so much!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

25-01-2020, 06:45 PM

I shouldn't have to explain myself. It's not a competition here on who has a PhD etc. Your revisionist views are noted.
Annie, it's not a competition, it's about getting facts correct and not being horribly racist. Nor is it revisionist in correcting things people believe and spout BUT ARE WRONG.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top