Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:35 AM

Re: Devolved English Parliament

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
I think you might need to look at the history of the union.
Does Scotland want Independence or just the SNP.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Fed up with Ian Blackford.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/12...-Commons-video
Isn't everyone?

He and the Fish Woman have a great deal in common. Neither of them have anything to say that they haven't said time and time again ad nauseam. They are both nothing more than cracked records and have become absolutely boring a long time ago.

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
They get to debate and vote on English issues, we should have
separate representation, as Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Yes. We should certainly have our own parliament.

I suppose they might argue that we English have the Westminster parliament. Well, yes we do but, as mentioned above, I seem to hear more from the Scottish Windbag in Westminster than I hear of English MPs!
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Isn't everyone?

He and the Fish Woman have a great deal in common. Neither of them have anything to say that they haven't said time and time again ad nauseam. They are both nothing more than cracked records and have become absolutely boring a long time ago.

Yes. We should certainly have our own parliament.

I suppose they might argue that we English have the Westminster parliament. Well, yes we do but, as mentioned above, I seem to hear more from the Scottish Windbag in Westminster than I hear of English MPs!
Of course England should have its own Parliament. Be interested in your thoughts of a Federal set up? Blackford is playing the Westminster game. He’s there to make the SNP heard and to provoke the sort of response evident on this thread.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Bully Blackford is an embarrassment to most Scots, including me. His "poor crofter" act is also a total lie.
Loud but hardly a bully, He’s doing what he was sent there to do. If you ask me and the majority of Scots, Scotland’s biggest embarrassment is the sectarianism evident in some parts of the country and displayed for all to see in such places as Ibrox and Parkhead.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 10:59 AM

I can't understand the Scots.
A majority voted for remaining in the Union.
A majority voted for remaining in the EU.

Presumably these were two different majorities!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't understand the Scots.
A majority voted for remaining in the Union.
A majority voted for remaining in the EU.

Presumably these were two different majorities!
Hedging their bets.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

24-01-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
Of course England should have its own Parliament. Be interested in your thoughts of a Federal set up? Blackford is playing the Westminster game. He’s there to make the SNP heard and to provoke the sort of response evident on this thread.
SNP always seem to say that everything is worst for Scotland and the English are responsible.

UK leaving the EU is complicated enough. Scotland leaving the UK would be a great shame, independence from us but not the EU. Most baffling.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 12:39 PM

A devolved English Parliament?..what a fab' idea.where would You build the new one...York,Manchester,Birmingham,the choice of course is Yours...now who would You choose as Your First Minister for the new ENP...Noddy Nigel?... Good choice,He's good at shouting and waving His arms about..well if You start a petition on here,I'll happily sign it...good luck..over & out,

PS.I'm sure Boris the dictator will go along with Your wishes
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 01:17 PM

What grinds my gears is the utter hypocrisy of the Scots.

Vote against BREXIT which was in order to REgain British independence, and yet continually whinge that THEY want independence from the UK.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2020, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What grinds my gears is the utter hypocrisy of the Scots.

Vote against BREXIT which was in order to REgain British independence, and yet continually whinge that THEY want independence from the UK.

That's just a very vocal minority. Scotland voted to remain in the UK 55%/45% but for the SNP that was the wrong answer.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top