Join for free
Page 28 of 129 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 > Last »
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2014, 10:45 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Manchester/Cheshire

Yes hopefully myrtle, it sounds like fun.......unlike the decorating which does get more difficult but it's probably helping to keep me fit too!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->

Yes we're sorry you cannot join us ... but who knows ... maybe another time (if we survive this one )
Originally Posted by Anita ->
Yes hopefully myrtle, it sounds like fun..
!
It's such a shame you find travel difficul Anita. It's quite a distance for me too but I was lucky to find a bus company that went straight to central Manchester.

I look upon it as a little adventure.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 09:26 AM

Good morning ladies... raining now but that's OK 'cos I'm dancing this afternoon
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 10:49 AM

is it true that it rains more in Manchester than anywhere I wonder?
It's lovely & sunny here.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 11:04 AM

No Carol .... I don't think it does
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 11:20 PM

Hope you enjoyed your dancing myrtle, I was listening to the radio today when there was talk of more dancing being taught in schools to improve overall confidence and posture and I think that learning the steps is good brain exercise. However I do also think that some are more natural dancers than others and I fall into the not natural dancer category though I love it.

I could get to Manchester by train with one change but I am also hoping to travel to Liverpool the following day as my son and his wife live there and his birthday is a few days later so probably won't make it this time. We would be travelling by road to Liverpool though I'm not driving.

It feels like autumn is on it's way here, such a change from the warm weather we were having just a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's just as well while I'm decorating.

Carol meant to ask are you in the northern part of Derbyshire or further south?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

13-08-2014, 11:34 PM

Haha - I'm not a natural dance either. I can jive & generally prance about doing my own thing - but that's all.
I did so want to learn line dancing - I went for a year but never really got myself co-ordinated - so in the end I gave up!!

Anita - I'm 8 miles from Matlock - Nr Alfreton.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2014, 11:44 PM

Hi all

I just CAN'T dance - two left feet!!!

Went to Old Time Dancing lessons when I was a young girl. Didn't really enjoy it but my mother insisted on taking me.
There weren't any boys so I was the "man". I remember learning the Valetta and Military Two Step and the waltz which was different from the modern waltz. I think we did a Barn Dance too. That was fun because you changed partners.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

13-08-2014, 11:49 PM

Hello ladies .... we stayed at the Travelodge in Alfreton a couple of years ago just for one night when we took the GC to see Matlock Bath lights

Anita ... we will have another meet up some time and will arrange it so that you can join us

Been busy tonight looking for somewhere to stay in Bridlington in September .... there is a big Sequence Dance Festival on for four days at the Spa Ballroom and I've never been so .... it will be something else to tick off the bucket list

The other day I booked for 3 nights in Whitwick near Leicester in October for a similar "do" ..... have I mentioned that I love dancing ?

Oh ... and I've sent for tickets for a very special dancing afternoon at the Floral Hall, Southport at the end of October

Goodnight
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

13-08-2014, 11:54 PM

CC .... when you change partners it's called progressive dancing - not like changing partners when you are older

Page 28 of 129 « First < 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top