Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 11:50 AM

Re: Penknives..

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Haha, that was funny. I can see the advantage of using it for 'stabbing', but I'm not so sure about the 'slicing' action.
Hi

Just hope you never get on the wrong side of my daughter JBR.

I am sure that you won't, you are far too much a gentleman for that.

The young lady sitting on her own on a train late at night filling in the crosswords with her ballpoint is not someone to be trifled with.

She has been trained by Dad.

There was a particular local problem many years ago with Naughty Men, she was no idiot even in her tender years.

They had a talk at school about Naughty Men, what they had to do if a stranger came to collect them.

Shout and scream if a stranger came.

A huge Policeman and a lovely Policelady talking to them very gently.

The Policeman was the Naughty Man.

After the talk, they asked for a volunteer to show what they had learnt.

Up went all the hands, and the little blond girl was picked, my daughter, a face like an Angel.

The scenario was played, he took hold of her hand, Mummy and Daddy were poorly and he was taking her home.

Did she scream and shout?

Nope, bit him straight through his thumb, blood all over the place, then she ran screaming.

The big Copper was holding his thumb, the Police Lady fell about laughing.

The Teachers were stunned.

Who showed you how to do that?

Daddy did.

The Ex was not best pleased, Daughter was happy when Dad gave her a Fiver and took her for her first Pony Riding lesson.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 11:57 AM

You've brought up your daughter well, SF.

To be clear, I wouldn't argue with any woman. It's a hiding to nothing.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't understand that Fender? Isn't the whole length of the underside of the blade a cutting edge then? Where exactly would you measure from?
Hi Mups,

If you look at the second pic, the rear part of the blade next to the bolster is not a cutting edge. You can see it's perfectly blunt and squared off, however, it does add around 1/4" to the overall length. You would measure from the tip of the blade back to where you reach the squared off part next to the bolster.
Unfortunately, some police officers are unaware of the exact law and measure the entire blade length to include that blunt squared off section. Therefore, you'd be liable to arrest carrying that particular knife, although it is in fact legal carry as the sharpened actual cutting edge is just short of 3".

Did that make anymore sense?.......
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 06:24 PM

Hi

The only reason I became a Scout was to be able to carry a huge knife around.

The folly of youth.

I started fishing because Mum kept confiscating my homemade catapults.

I needed one for fishing.

Winner, winner as far as I am concerned.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 06:27 PM

My last `proper` knife was stolen years ago along with my fishing tackle. I replaced the tackle but never the knife. To this day I wonder if a knock will come upon my door-my fingerprints lol
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 07:10 PM

For Mups - just in case...

fender
Chatterbox
SE England

08-08-2016, 10:45 PM

I bought my first SAK in something like 35 years today.

I'm sure most of you remember the Swiss Army Knives!
I was tempted at first to get one of their red scaled ones which most people know.

However, one of their biggest sellers is the Alox "Farmer".
Thought I'd try one, and tbh it seems the usual SAK quality is still there after all these years..

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 02:44 PM

Just found this, I presume it belonged to my grandad.
2" handle and 11/2" blade.

I've got a genuine USMC dagger somewhere, dating from The Korean War.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	2025  
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 03:06 PM

As a child, I had 2 or 3 penknives (I was a bit of a tomboy ... or maybe I was rebelling and didn't see why girls couldn't have cap guns and stuff).

Now I use a smaller version of the Swiss Army Knife (got it free from a military bookclub I used to belong to) and I also have my late husband's Swiss Army Knife ... a present from his parents.

The scissors can be quite useful ... mine lost the springy bit.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
As a child, I had 2 or 3 penknives (I was a bit of a tomboy ... or maybe I was rebelling and didn't see why girls couldn't have cap guns and stuff).

Now I use a smaller version of the Swiss Army Knife (got it free from a military bookclub I used to belong to) and I also have my late husband's Swiss Army Knife ... a present from his parents.

The scissors can be quite useful ... mine lost the springy bit.
Of course. These things are tools, not weapons.

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top