Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 11:33 PM

Alexa

I've got an Alexa, didn't buy it, it was won in a competition, it ain't been out the box yet, it's in the sideboard cupboard. Is this cruelty of some sort, do you think she want's to talk, it may be a Pandora's Box, should it be opened, would you open it?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 11:34 PM

Re: Alexa

Might be a Smart Meter, in disguise.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2017, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I've got an Alexa, didn't buy it, it was won in a competition, it ain't been out the box yet, it's in the sideboard cupboard. Is this cruelty of some sort, do you think she want's to talk, it may be a Pandora's Box, should it be opened, would you open it?

Nope. I'd give it away.
I hate that advert Spitty, I have to mute it.

Bet you won't resist it for long.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

26-12-2017, 11:41 PM

You know me, the exchange won't be pleasant.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 12:08 AM

Spawn of the devil spitty, give it to Oxfam before it corrupts you
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 12:55 AM

I remember the case of the woman who saw what she thought was a microwave oven abandoned at the entrance to a layby. She took it home and shortly after, 2 burly coppers knocked on her door and said
"Can we please have our speed trap back"
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Spawn of the devil spitty, give it to Oxfam before it corrupts you
Thats spooky Meg cos Spitty+Spawn = Snappy Twist (or twits)
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 01:19 AM

My son has Alexa and besides playing music, answering questions also controls the lighting levels and heating in the house. We used Alexa last night as the question master for games of triva persuits as he has WiFi buttons for each team member to press to answer the questions Alexa asks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 01:35 AM

The day will come, when anyone not at work will be able to lay in bed 24 hrs a day and control everything from a little box.
We won't have to get up to turn a light on/off, turn telly on/off, adjust the heating, and perhaps not even to eat or visit the loo.

Then, when that day comes -and it will - people will explode with excess excess weight, cholesterol, and wind, and you will find bits of their remains stuck to bedroom ceilings all over the world.

Tis true.

Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2017, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
The day will come, when anyone not at work will be able to lay in bed 24 hrs a day and control everything from a little box.
We won't have to get up to turn a light on/off, turn telly on/off, adjust the heating, and perhaps not even to eat or visit the loo.

Then, when that day comes -and it will - people will explode with excess excess weight, cholesterol, and wind, and you will find bits of their remains stuck to bedroom ceilings all over the world.

Tis true.

I agree Mups, I wouldn't tell my son this but I couldn't really see the point of Alexa, but he's a bit of a technophobe. He was getting adamant last night that in the future little drones would hoover above children who would be safe to play out as their drones would manage whether they were in danger, needed to go home to eat and liaise with their playmates drones so that mums would know what their children were doing and who they were playing with.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top