Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:42 AM

Teeth

IMO teeth are very important in looking good .
I can never understand why people neglect their teeth .
I know not everyone can afford expensive dentistry but bad teeth are so aging .
Opinions?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:47 AM

Re: Teeth

Some people are afraid of going to the dentist!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:50 AM

I am terrified of Dentist and only go if i'm in pain, but luckily enough I have good teeth.

I clean my teeth four times a day with Pro Expert.

I have a full set of teeth, so I am lucky.

My Mum died at the age of 95 with all her own teeth.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 09:59 AM

My sister was horrified when she was told she had gum disease , she regularly went to the dentist and looked after her teeth , she changed dentists for some reason and he told her on her first visit of the problem that had been overlooked by the previous dentist . Over time she lost her teeth and decided she would have implants rather than dentures . The implants cost £13000 , luckily she had some savings , her teeth look lovely and she has always taken care of them , now as she's getting older her face shape has changed , now she has to return to the dentist and the cost will be high as nothing can be done on the NHS as the previous work was done privately .

Our mother lost all her teeth as a young woman in her 30s due to gum disease and we wondered if it could be hereditary , yet I have good teeth .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 10:33 AM

I do think that some people are predisposed to gum desease .
My mother had poor teeth and lost many of them yet my Dad had all his teeth until he died at nearly 87.
I seemed to have inherited my mother's teeth although I still have all of mine but I do care for them I go regularly to the hygienist ( at least twice a year) they clean all the plaque off your teeth that you can't reach and which eventually leads to gum desease .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 10:36 AM

I've always brushded mine regularly and gone for 6 monthly check ups. I've have the hygienist of late too.

I've never had a sweet tooth for sweets and chocolates and stuff.
Only teeth I ever had to have removed were my wisdom teeth because they were impacted. Still got all my others, some not even filled.

I do agree with Muddy about hereditary problems though.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:03 AM

I have never understood this implant business. Surely the teeth are still a denture and the implants only hold the denture in place?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:11 AM

I have given up visiting the dentist. No chance of NHS around here, they are all private and I cannot afford that. It's a shame I am not a refused asylum seeker because then I could get treatment for free.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 11:51 AM

Hi

I lost my teeth as a teenager, kicked out by a calving Cow.

Best thing that ever happened to me.

Great falsies at a fraction of the cost of a Dentist.

You could not tell the difference.

Just done an impression, new ones arriving in 5 weeks, 12 years since the last ones.

Cost in the UK over £2000, same manufacturer, cost abroad, £383 delivered.

Rip off Britain again.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I have never understood this implant business. Surely the teeth are still a denture and the implants only hold the denture in place?
It was done privately as the NHS don't do implants . I had a back tooth out 2 years ago , I asked if I should have a bridge but there was a prob with attaching it to another tooth , dentist said I could pay for an implant but it was £1000 for a single tooth ! . I've done without either and it's no problem

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top