Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: Mp`s want to relax vaping laws in public places

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
As I understood it Morty, they already are banned in many places.
My thoughts on them being unsafe were based on the fact that, if people are allowed to use them freely & they later find they are unsafe, ( as they did with cigarettes) society would have to go through the same procedure again!
They knew that cigarettes caused cancer & heart disease many years before they tried to stop people smoking....and they only did it then because people had sussed how much money they were making. in tax on cigarettes!
I just think that , for the benefit of those who use them, greater research should be done, in case people believe they are safe if they can use them in public!
I see what you're saying but the value of vaping lies in it's .... aid to quite smoking cigarettes.
That hasn't been disproved has it? People are quitting and switching to vaping.

Any health concerns haven't been established yet as it's too soon but it is generally accepted that the risk is less ... it has to be with all the rubbish in real fags.
Should mobile phones be banned too until any heatlh concerns are fully investigated and proven? Tumours...text neck etc. It'll take a whole generation or more to assess any longterm effects regarding danger.
And before that .. it was concerns over the emissions of microwave ovens.
Where do you draw the line?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:10 PM

I have stopped vaping now and I don't really miss it if I am honest but I do worry that one day we will all have to live in a germ free bubble. I can understand that some get upset seeing vapour appearing from someone's nostrils but really we should be more concerned about the tons of crap dumped on us by aircraft.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I see what you're saying but the value of vaping lies in it's .... aid to quite smoking cigarettes.
That hasn't been disproved has it? People are quitting and switching to vaping.

Any health concerns haven't been established yet as it's too soon but it is generally accepted that the risk is less ... it has to be with all the rubbish in real fags.
Should mobile phones be banned too until any heatlh concerns are fully investigated and proven? Tumours...text neck etc. It'll take a whole generation or more to assess any longterm effects regarding danger.
And before that .. it was concerns over the emissions of microwave ovens.
Where do you draw the line?
I am sure vaping does help people stop smoking, but it is only a less dangerous option & not a cure. I have no problem with people vaping in pubs, but I think it is wrong if they are being led to believe it is safe, when nobody really knows.
I think what I am really saying is the majority of research, these days, is not as reliable as it used to be.... and if the governments are making money from products, they don't seem to be that interested in how many lives may be lost.....although they will be if they find it is causing a big expense to their NHS budget!

If they ban mobile phones though, I will be happy to support them!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have stopped vaping now and I don't really miss it if I am honest but I do worry that one day we will all have to live in a germ free bubble. I can understand that some get upset seeing vapour appearing from someone's nostrils but really we should be more concerned about the tons of crap dumped on us by aircraft.
You mean blue ice?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am sure vaping does help people stop smoking, but it is only a less dangerous option & not a cure. I have no problem with people vaping in pubs, but I think it is wrong if they are being led to believe it is safe, when nobody really knows.
I think what I am really saying is the majority of research, these days, is not as reliable as it used to be.... and if the governments are making money from products, they don't seem to be that interested in how many lives may be lost.....although they will be if they find it is causing a big expense to their NHS budget!
You could say the same about addressing obesity with all these dodgy diets ... or the introduction of a sugar-tax.

Governments are always onto a bit of a hiding if they either try and drum up more revenue or impose restrictions on 'vices' .. or 'addictions' or poor personal health awareness.

Right .. where's the nearest Victorian gin parlour .. this is thirsty work!
And by the sounds of it ... a sick bucket.

Quote: The gin of the 18th century was a throat-searing, eye-reddening, vomit-churning hell broth. .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
You could say the same about addressing obesity with all these dodgy diets ... or the introduction of a sugar-tax.

Governments are always onto a bit of a hiding if they either try and drum up more revenue or impose restrictions on 'vices' .. or 'addictions' or poor personal health awareness.

Right .. where's the nearest Victorian gin parlour .. this is thirsty work!
And by the sounds of it ... a sick bucket.

Quote: The gin of the 18th century was a throat-searing, eye-reddening, vomit-churning hell broth. .
It is ok with a bit of tonic though Morty!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

17-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Mwah ... Mother's Ruin .... I wonder what Fathers drank?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:34 PM

The jury is out on the safety of vaping, there was report out during the week indicating it wasn't as safe as first thought. Apparently it will take at least a decade before it is known for sure if it is a safer option or not.
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:39 PM

My wife was a 30 a day smoker see tried patches gum everything to give it up, then she tried vaping he is now on zero nicotine and has lost that horrible cough het tastbuds have improved and the smell of vape is better than that of fags, and the paintwork is staying white.
John leave
Hertfordshire
John leave is male  John leave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2018, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
The jury is out on the safety of vaping, there was report out during the week indicating it wasn't as safe as first thought. Apparently it will take at least a decade before it is known for sure if it is a safer option or not.
Ask anyone that has given up fags for vape and they will tell you they fill 100% better.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top