Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:23 PM

Bad Cat!

For a few years now a black and white cat has been visiting my garden.
Just lately, it has started to kill rabbits and not baby ones either!
Today, l have found another dead rabbit on my drive with Magpies and Crows pecking at it. I know it was the cat, as it was watching where the rabbits go in my garden.

I suppose it’s just nature....isn’t it?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:27 PM

Re: Bad Cat!

Ooooohhh - ask puss cat to go and get some more, - Rabbit casserole at Angel's place - luverly grub!!!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ooooohhh - ask puss cat to go and get some more, - Rabbit casserole at Angel's place - luverly grub!!!!
UJ, You are welcome to come and collect them. When I pick them up on a shovel, they are really heavy. Is that where the saying, ‘dead weight’ comes from?
Panda
Dorset/Europe
Panda is female 

19-08-2018, 01:03 PM

I used to live somewhere that was over run with wild rabbits which the cats used to catch and yes some were huge. Myxomatosis was rife and killed off a lot, it was a terrible disease.

I love cats but they can be horrors killing things but as you say it is their nature.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:09 PM

Glad i didn't see the dead rabbits i.d probably start crying lol. Love cats but I don't like the killing instinct . I would have had to get someone else to remove the poor rabbit.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Glad i didn't see the dead rabbits i.d probably start crying lol. Love cats but I don't like the killing instinct . I would have had to get someone else to remove the poor rabbit.
LQ, l am still psyching myself up to go down the drive and pick the dead rabbit up! Eeeeek!

The same cat hides in the bushes and watches my hens, l think it would have a go at them too, if it could!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:49 PM

It sounds like it's bringing you gifts so you'll let it move in!
Keep your windows closed or you might get one on your pillow!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-08-2018, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It sounds like it's bringing you gifts so you'll let it move in!
Keep your windows closed or you might get one on your pillow!

I suppose, that would be better than a horse’s head in the bed!!
melfort
borders
melfort is female  melfort has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 01:56 PM

it is nature but it's still cruel all the same.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2018, 02:28 PM

That’s one thing I don’t particularly like about our cat. She does tend to kill a lot of things. Goffers, rabbits, mice, chipmunks, squirrels etc.,
It upsets me quite a bit. Luckily that’s a good reason to have my man around.
He picks up stuff like this for me.
It’s good to have a man around at times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top