Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 01:44 PM

Re: Muscle around eye jiggling (Tic)

Regarding tics, yes, I've had them.

I mentioned it to my optician who told me it could be triggered by a lack of potassium, and I could try eating bananas.

So I went out and bought three dozen and ate them all.

(PS, I lied about that has sentence.)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I mentioned it to my optician who told me it could be triggered by a lack of potassium, and I could try eating bananas.

Oh so that's why your knuckles drag on the floor.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
you can usually get temporary relief with some simple acupressure. For me it's a case of gently pressing where the bone at the outside corner of the eye starts. I think it works by tricking the nerve into temporarily breaking the spasm message from the brain.

It has to be caused by hyperactivity of the signals along that nerve channel. So annoying and it feels like everyone can see it but it's usually hardly noticeable to others.

I wonder if not blinking often enough can affect it. Just guessing but I think I've had it in past when spending a lot of time focusing on the screen doing something complicated and maybe not blinking enough.

I agree with others ref stress and stimulants. Try cupping the eyes for a couple of minutes, (holding the palms loosely over closed eyes and focusing on the intensity of the colour black while relaxing)
Annie, I will try these suggestions. Thank you so much hon, I appreciate your post. It is really driving me crazy when I am trying to post on the forum....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

There is not much I won't eat, but when it comes to bananas, I just can't digest them and I won't eat them anymore...but thanks JBR for the suggestion.

I think it is stress that is causing this as I have something worrying my mind right now....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

01-09-2018, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
It's called a Blepharospasm. Usually caused by stress. My doctor offered me botox injections to stop it if it got too annoying.

Mine usually goes on it's own but I've now got a persistent one that comes and goes on a regular basis.
Well, now I have a name, thanks Nicol. I tried what Realist suggested last night, and I don't think it is as bad today. I will try again tonight.....
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 06:31 PM

I've had this before but rarely. It should settle down for you - I hope so.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2018, 07:21 PM

I've had it too and it lasts for maybe one day. A sort of flickering in the eyelid area. I haven't experienced it in any of my other other muscles yet though

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top