Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2018, 11:42 PM

Re: What breed is your dog

Having fought off my wife's and daughter's desire to get a puppy, I finally acquiesced and chose a pugalier last year. I chose her, or rather she chose me. After a week or so my daughter wanted to return her. Watching the little beauty running across the lawn towards me, there was no way she was ever going back and she became my life and soul. Alas, she ran out under a car after a couple of months and the day after a long off-the-lead trip (her first one ever, which led to my naive confidence in her/my abilities) in a safe and enclosed walk in Wales. Never been so heartbroken/guilty in my life and over a year later, it still hurts pretty badly.

God bless all of you who have dogs and are willing to go through the potential pain of the losing a creature who provides "unconditional love". I envy your strength.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:00 AM

That is horribly sad Dex, you must have been devastated, I know I would be.

I have had multiple dogs all my life, and I never, ever get used to losing one.
If anything, it seems harder the older I get.

Having said that, I could never be without one though. The time you have together and the love given and received makes it all worthwhile.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is horribly sad Dex, you must have been devastated, I know I would be.
It was and it still is.

On the plus side (if there is one), our cat has become even closer and "talkative". It was hard for him while the puppy was around and I had to allay his fears to the point where he now "understands" the word "safe" and appreciated and appreciates my concern for him.

At some stage we'll get another puppy, but not while he's still around.

Bear in mind that when my last cat died, I had to take a couple of days off work in mourning. This was more than seemed needed when my parents passed!! Have any of you had a similar experience?
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 07:36 PM

Sorry for you loss Dex.
That’s very sad
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

10-09-2018, 11:02 PM

Thanks

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top