Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 02:47 AM

Re: Bad chest conjestion.

Sorry to hear you are not well, you should go to your GP as others have suggested and get some medication ,
Take care .
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:00 AM

When I came round from my heart operation,I had the same problem,they gave me a nebuliser ,every so often,if you can barely breath,Bakerman,I would make a appointment with doctor,..I sympathise with you,it drove me crazy,when I was first in recovery.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:20 AM

Bakerman, over the years of being diabetic I have had some serious chest infections, which were usually cleared by anti-biotics.

I didn't want to take them too often, as you become immune to their effects if you have them too often, so one doctor gave me a Ventolin inhaler... which relaxes the tubes that are blocked by the phlegm. Along with inhaling steam it worked really well, so they now make sure that I use one every time I start with a cough.

I would speak to your doctor as a congested chest can reduce the amount of oxygen that your heart circulates in you blood.

I hope you are soon on the road to recovery!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 10:59 PM

In the North of England, the remedy is:
Rub the Chest with Goose Grease and a Strange Hand

Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 01:00 AM

Wishing you the best Bakerman.
You have lots of great advice here
so I won’t add any more.
Take care
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:43 PM

I just came back from the medical clinic where I spend most of the day getting numerous tests, X-rays etc. FINALLY they gave me a liquid medicine that I breathed through a machine. Within a half hour there was vast improvement in my ability to breathe. PCP also prescribed an inhaler that has the same medicine. I can take it 4 times /day. Still weak as a kitten, but at least I can breathe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:45 PM

I was worried about you my lovely.
Glad you posted. Get well soon. X
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 04:17 AM

Great news.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-09-2018, 09:05 PM

Dont know about your Dr.Longfellow, but my DR & Hospital will not let me have a nebuliser at home, they wii let me borrow 1 for a few days then take it back ,because I may ont use it right,may use too often, or not enough when I should.Hot inhalers are best,Olbas Oil/ Vick,a few drops in a bowl of hot water,then sit over it with a towel over your head, My Dr said just hot water is just as good,but I like the smell of something added to it.Hope you will feel better soon, I take it you have seen your DR?
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2018, 01:28 AM

I saw the PCP on Wednesday and again yesterday. On both days they gave me a nebulizer treatment with some kind of liquid medicine that I breathed deeply. each time I could breathe easier for 6-7 hours. but then right back to where I started.

Not being able to breathe has brought on panic attacks. Geez, talk about scary.

Today I picked up the 2 new meds. An anti biotic, 6 tablets only, and a steroid, 10 tablets only. I don't know what the heck they think so few tablets are going to accomplish.

Makes me so angry that I am not getting the care I need. I know damn well that if I was a famous celebrity they'd get me well double-quick.

Last night I bought some Valium in Mexico and the panic attacks stopped dead in their tracks (Dr Rx not needed).

In addition to everything else, I have just started breathing in Hot salt water mixed with Vicks Vapo-Rub.

I have come to the conclusion that , basically, I'm on my own.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top