Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:20 PM

Passing out!

I am worried sick!
My son keeps passing out. His heart is fine, his blood pressure was a little up, but fine when retested. Today my family were going to London, he just passed out AGAIN!!!
I am taking him back to the GP in an hour. This is the Third visit!!!! We are all puzzled as to what it can be.
Has this happened to any of you?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:42 PM

Re: Passing out!

Sorry to hear this Sweetie.

I would get him looked straightaway and insist they investigate properly this time. Don't be fobbed off.

Good luck.

p.s. Just thought, he is not on any meds that might be causing it is he?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I am worried sick!
My son keeps passing out. His heart is fine, his blood pressure was a little up, but fine when retested. Today my family were going to London, he just passed out AGAIN!!!
I am taking him back to the GP in an hour. This is the Third visit!!!! We are all puzzled as to what it can be.
Has this happened to any of you?
Worrying indeed.
You have my sympathies. I hope you can get to the bottom of his problem.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry to hear this Sweetie.

I would get him looked straightaway and insist they investigate properly this time. Don't be fobbed off.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Worrying indeed.
You have my sympathies. I hope you can get to the bottom of his problem.
Thank-you both I am in a right tearful state tbh. Just posting then checking on him.

I am wondering if it is the same as my hubby????
Pernicious anaemia is a condition caused by too little vitamin B12 in the body. It is one form of vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia. Vitamin B12 helps the body make healthy red blood cells and helps keep nerve cells healthy. ... The most common cause of pernicious anaemia is the loss of stomach cells that make intrinsic factor.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 02:52 PM

Thank-you both I am in a right tearful state tbh. Just posting then checking on him.

I am wondering if it is the same as my hubby????
Pernicious anaemia is a condition caused by too little vitamin B12 in the body. It is one form of vitamin B12 deficiency anaemia. Vitamin B12 helps the body make healthy red blood cells and helps keep nerve cells healthy. ... The most common cause of pernicious anaemia is the loss of stomach cells that make intrinsic factor.

I would have thought they should have tested him for this if they know his father has it, as I believe is is often hereditary.

Maybe you'd best give them a reminder.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-09-2018, 02:55 PM

I would have thought they should have tested him for this if they know his father has it, as I believe is is often hereditary.

Maybe you'd best give them a reminder.
I will Mupsy. In fact, my stepson also has this condition.
I will get his twin brother tested too. This might explain the other twin having constant mouth ulcers.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

10-09-2018, 02:59 PM

I will Mupsy. In fact, my stepson also has this condition.
I will get his twin brother tested too. This might explain the other twin having constant mouth ulcers.

Yes. Best way, and like I said, don't be fobbed off.

You'd best get going hadn't you?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

10-09-2018, 03:01 PM

Yes. Best way, and like I said, don't be fobbed off.

You'd best get going hadn't you?
Yep on my way.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 03:09 PM

Hi Sweetie can you check his pulse, make sure it isn't too low.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 03:18 PM

Sweetie

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top