Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 03:34 PM

Re: Passing out!

Hope you're Son will be alright Sweetie.
You said your Husband and Stepson has the same condition, do they also Pass Out? Make sure you mention this to your GP.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 03:45 PM

thoughts SP - PM me when you're free I may have a few more ideas but not keen to get into too many public discussions?
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 04:42 PM

Have them check his blood sugar. Now, if they've already checked him for diabetes, have them check for hypoglycemia - which is low blood sugar. Some regular doctors don't believe in it and don't give a test for it. You may have to go to a natureopathic doctor. That's how I found mine. It was through a 6 hour glucose tolerance test. When my blood sugar gets really low or I eat something a little to sugary, I get dizzy and can feel like I'm going to pass out at times. This especially happened before I learned to balance my blood sugar with a high protein diet.

Also I get this way when something I'm consuming doesn't get along with my blood pressure medication, Lisinopril.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 04:44 PM

Aww Sweetie, what a worry for you. Hope it's all sorted today and turned out to be something and nothing.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 04:47 PM

I've fainted twice in my life & each time it was when I'd been standing still for quite a while.

The doctor explained it was a drop in blood pressure & to keep it up I had to stamp my feet & move my legs if I was standing for any length of time.

Had your son been standing still when he fainted? Drop in blood pressure would explain it then.

I'm so sorry sweetie - what a worry for you all..
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:01 PM

Yes ! I passed out last year while building my cedar greenhouse and got a huge black eye. I was working too hard in the full sun and got heat stroke.

Wishing you the best Sweetie Pie. That’ must be quite upsetting.
I’m celiac so my b12 can be on the low side. I used to have to take b12 shots from the doctors office but now my own diet and supplements are working to keep it in check.

A hug for you too
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
Have them check his blood sugar. Now, if they've already checked him for diabetes, have them check for hypoglycemia - which is low blood sugar. Some regular doctors don't believe in it and don't give a test for it. You may have to go to a natureopathic doctor. That's how I found mine. It was through a 6 hour glucose tolerance test. When my blood sugar gets really low or I eat something a little to sugary, I get dizzy and can feel like I'm going to pass out at times. This especially happened before I learned to balance my blood sugar with a high protein diet.

Also I get this way when something I'm consuming doesn't get along with my blood pressure medication, Lisinopril.
These are all good ideas. suggestion: buy a blood glucose test kit. that can be quite inexpensive. Perhaps the Dr will prescribe it for your son and it might be free or very low cost. My other suggestion is to test your son just as soon as he passes out.

I have passed out due to hypoglycemia myself.
My Dr claims that I am no longer diabetic T-2. That is supposed to be NOT POSSIBLE. But my A1C is great. Go figure.

Best wishes for your son. Big hug ! Bakerman
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
Have them check his blood sugar. Now, if they've already checked him for diabetes, have them check for hypoglycemia - which is low blood sugar.
That's exactly what I thought when I read the post. I'm sure you will get to the bottom of it. Hope you have a sympathetic gp.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:40 PM

The GP sent us straight to the hospital for some tests. I had his twin with me, the GP wanted blood tests on both my boys.
The other twin passed out at the hospital!
Oh what a day! I eventually got them into my car, I was driving really slow leaving the hospital, the car in front!!!!! The wheel just spun off their car!!! I stopped called for help.
Making my way back home, my boy passed out in the car! This happened twice on the short journey home! We will have to wait for results. I'm just worn out, but wanted to say we are all home. Thank-you all for your posts. I will keep you updated.
Sweetie x
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 05:45 PM

Oh my!
My thoughts and prayers are with you

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top