Join for free
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:50 PM

Amy Winehouse

Today would have been her 35th birthday, liked some of her songs, watching on BBC 4 one off concert (2007)
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:55 PM

Re: Amy Winehouse

lovely singer - a loss to us all - just couldn't keep it together - got most of her stuff and she didn't out out much - she did a lovely concert once to about 100 people in a small church off the coast of Ireland - that's worth a look see!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Today would have been her 35th birthday, liked some of her songs, watching on BBC 4 one off concert (2007)
Hi Cinderella, I liked some of Amy's songs also. I feel so sorry when I hear of someone like her dying so young. What a waste, she could have been successful....
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
lovely singer - a loss to us all - just couldn't keep it together - got most of her stuff and she didn't out out much - she did a lovely concert once to about 100 people in a small church off the coast of Ireland - that's worth a look see!
Watching that now gb, on BBC 4 also. The Day She Came To
Dingle.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2018, 11:15 PM

Watching that now gb, on BBC 4 also. The Day She Came To
Dingle.
yes that's it - she was at her finest I think and so simple and pure - drugs were the demon - well even family before that ?

when she went to USA they just raved about her - she was like one of the 1920's jazz singers - billy holiday - I always feel so sad when I hear about her - wot a loss!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

14-09-2018, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Cinderella, I liked some of Amy's songs also. I feel so sorry when I hear of someone like her dying so young. What a waste, she could have been successful....
Her songs had insightful original lyrics way beyond her years.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

15-09-2018, 12:04 AM

Her songs had insightful original lyrics way beyond her years.
and yet it seems she didn't have much insight into herself and her life? - that first hubbie of hers was a dork!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top