Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 01:06 PM

A pet's 10 commandments

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS...

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2.. Give me time to understand what you want of me

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there,
because I love you so.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 01:10 PM

Re: A pet's 10 commandments

That is lovely, Blue, number 10 made me cry, but it is lovely. Thank you.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 02:55 PM

Thank you, Blue...for posting this for us.

Number 10 jumps out at me... Through the years with all the pets I've had...I have never just dropped them off at the vets, to take their last breaths... I don't even understand how anyone could just do that. I've always been there with them, patted and talked to them.

With Storm, my last bull terrier...the vet and I took her out on the back lawn...with her favourite blanket, toys and some treats...and had a little picnic just for her before she was put to sleep...

I couldn't live with myself if I did any less...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Made me cry also Silver...
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS...

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2.. Give me time to understand what you want of me

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there,
because I love you so.
Very moving, thank you. Anyone with a dog should understand that.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

22-09-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Thank you, Blue...for posting this for us.

Number 10 jumps out at me... Through the years with all the pets I've had...I have never just dropped them off at the vets, to take their last breaths... I don't even understand how anyone could just do that. I've always been there with them, patted and talked to them.

With Storm, my last bull terrier...the vet and I took her out on the back lawn...with her favourite blanket, toys and some treats...and had a little picnic just for her before she was put to sleep...

I couldn't live with myself if I did any less...
Hi Filly, on my way out to do some things, but just popped in here to say hi to you....hope you are feeling a bit better... You have been in my thoughts....

Oh filly, what a lovely thing you did for Storm. Almost made me cry......ttyl got to run...
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 04:59 PM

Hi Filly, on my way out to do some things, but just popped in here to say hi to you....hope you are feeling a bit better... You have been in my thoughts....

Oh filly, what a lovely thing you did for Storm. Almost made me cry......ttyl got to run...

Hi Blue...it almost made me cry too just remembering that day...

TTYL
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

22-09-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Very moving, thank you. Anyone with a dog should understand that.
I am sure they do Besoeker....I am glad you enjoyed it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Number 10 made me fill up too thinking of when the time comes for my furbaby to leave me
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2018, 07:21 PM

I am sure they do Besoeker....I am glad you enjoyed it.
I wish you were right. But I sometimes see dogs not being treated well. I could cite several not far from home but just ours as a single example if I may?

We have a rescue who was picked up as a stray by a dog warden. We have no past history to understand how he came to be a stray.

Did he escape and run away? Away rather than back home?
The only conclusion I can come to is that he wasn't happy with his previous home, not treated according to those ten commandments.

Their loss is our gain. A handsome, obedient fellow with a beautiful temperament. And manners to match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top