Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 05:52 PM

Re: Why the Tories will lose the next Election.

I don't think that will ever happen

As you are very well aware Politicians by there very nature cannot and will not answer questions

Ask them what day it is and they will you everything but that

I think a great idea would be if they could only to answer Yes or No
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2018, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't disagree that the two party system has had it's day but we can really only vote for what we are offered.

I don't pretend to know the answer. I do agree it needs to change.
I completely agree. At the moment, neither party is really electable.

Someone suggested, elsewhere, that it would be good if either the Tories, or the Loonies, or better still both parties, might split asunder in which case we could end up with no less than FOUR viable parties of which to vote. This suggestion was, of course, regarding 'pro-' and 'con-' Brexit, but it could also apply generally.

It is also possible that two, or even three of these newly detached parties might merge.

The other possibility of a new, third, party arising is far less likely to happen now, so the splitting up of the two 'main' parties is what I hope for.

Well, you never know.
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I completely agree. At the moment, neither party is really electable.

Someone suggested, elsewhere, that it would be good if either the Tories, or the Loonies, or better still both parties, might split asunder in which case we could end up with no less than FOUR viable parties of which to vote. This suggestion was, of course, regarding 'pro-' and 'con-' Brexit, but it could also apply generally.

It is also possible that two, or even three of these newly detached parties might merge.

The other possibility of a new, third, party arising is far less likely to happen now, so the splitting up of the two 'main' parties is what I hope for.

Well, you never know.
Who would you like to lead the third party and what MPs would you want to see in it?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Yolande ->
Who would you like to lead the third party and what MPs would you want to see in it?
Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg for starters!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nigel Farage and Jacob Rees-Mogg for starters!
Yep.......

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top