Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 03:05 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I love your poem Sweetie, very clever.

Yes a woman’s work is never done they say.

The wife is as busy as a bee this year, when she’s like this it’s best to keep your distance, naturally I volunteer to help but she won’t trust me in the kitchen so I just hang around like a decoration knowing she’ll think of something for me to do, and I was right, she did. (as using initials seems to be the in thing I may as well join in, you can figure them out for yourselves IYI.
She began to nag about the leaking gutter, It was a bit OTT so with a SA I’m still recovering from, I donned my MLC and got out the EL to do the job, I knew it was not good for my BP but where would I get a GHP at this time of year.
Luckily I had a roll of PAT in the shed so it didn’t take long to fix it. One of my SIL’s called while I was on the EL, she plonked her BFA on the sofa and started drinking from the bottle of PLJ she always carries in her SB, gives her EE she says. WAD it was for me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 09:19 PM

Glad to hear you have your booze and see gars sorted out Gummy, that should keep you happy and mellow over the holidays…hopefully.

We couldn’t afford ‘Boys Own’ at that time, there was tuppence extra tax on it, a lot of tax on a 6d comic one would think, but then they always believed in getting us used to big taxes from an early age over here , we usually bought tax free second hand comics, Dell was the most popular read with us kids.
Actually that’s where I first came across the amazing adventures of “Jungle Jim’, an explorer in Africa in the 1950’s.
Jim was faced with a tricky problem in the Jungles of deepest Africa, as he slashed his way merrily through the branches and vines, grabbing snakes be the scruff of the neck and choking them in mid air then casting them aside like cigarette butts, he suddenly came upon a huge tree ahead of him, at each side of the tree stood a snarling Tiger ready to pounce, Jungle Jim had only one bullet left in his revolver and a small hand knife, the machete was useless as the beasts would tear him to shreds before it could do them any real harm.
He had to do some serious thinking fast, so he took the knife and flung it at the centre of the tree, then he aimed his only bullet at the knife’s blade, the bullet split in two and killed the two Tigers.
What a man!, and he never once wore a camouflage frock in all his adventures, real men didn’t wear frocks back then.

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 10:05 PM

Its a good job centered folks no longer shoot Tigers, its much better to negotiate with them.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 10:07 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 10:07 PM

Anyway, respect to the folks who went to the Jungle, all those years ago, pre toilet tissue, what the heck would you do back then, if you got a "Rumble in the Jungle".
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 10:25 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-12-2018, 10:34 PM

gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2018, 11:18 PM

there seems to be a lot of competition around the U bends? I've heard of gettin the bends whilst floating upwards - but how do ya get the bends when doin a yahoo - eeee!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

19-12-2018, 11:36 PM

Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

20-12-2018, 12:23 AM

I forgot to say Goodnight Possums. X
Gummy get your PMs open!
I want to send you virtual Christmas card. X

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top