Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:07 PM

Re: Blood pressure

Forth Valley Health Board are a disgrace, too many managers and board officials have ruined it over the last 20 years.

Not one of them has medical qualifications, they're all from business schools and universities with economics degrees.
Every ward has a manager, why ? A Matron used to manage a whole hospital.

Every time you enter a hospital you see them going around with clip-boards trying to look efficient, and there's dozens of them.
If you need an expensive drug to treat an illness they tell you its not on the NHS lists, why don't they sack most of the managers, sell their cars that the NHS has provided and put the cash to where it's needed most, to the patients treatments.

We have become a nation of administrators, and it's not just the NHS, every industry has too many chiefs and not enough indians, I saw that in the last big company I worked for.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by buzzie ->
When you have to scream for good care, it has to be so frustrating. I didn't know about all you went through with your finger and other situations. When a Dr. gets a salary no matter what quality of work he does, it's sad. I am afraid we may be on that road here in the states. Obama knows our wonderful health system is costing us so much that we will be thinking of the big 'D' if we don't do something about it. We have wonderful care but not everyone is covered so I am willing to give up some of my medicare to make sure everyone is covered but I don't want government health care. Over 65 and disabled are taken care of but the millions in the other age groups can't afford the cost any longer and if you lose your job you are offered Cobra, it's expensive and with only the portion of your salary you get when you are laid off, who can afford it. I think the quality of health care is the most important thing we can have in life but in this economy something has to be done and believe me it will not please everyone here.

Buzzie

I am on an small local American Forum and in fact I'm the only British one to post.

There main topic for the last few months has been Obama`s Health care plan and am shocked by some of the posts.

One poster who who works as a nurse realises that American health has to change(some of the cost mentioned are staggering). A lot of Brits would not moan so much about the NHS is they lived in America.

This link among many others was put up by the nurse.

http://www.calnurses.org/media-cente...-army-now.html
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 06:44 PM

A cost survey was done 35 years ago as to how much we pay in insurance stamps for our NHS, the conclusion was that if we opted out (which was not allowed BTW, we still had to pay our stamps) we'd be cheaper going private for our health care.

Some of the cash from the stamps was used to pay for our OAP but they're putting the age to qualify for that up too.

The billions we've all put in (in my case 50 years) has been frittered away on other things not associated with the NHS.

I wish I had my last pay check, I forget how much the stamp was per month in 1997 but it was a tidy sum.
nero
Central Scotland

27-10-2009, 08:34 PM

The pressure's coming down, . . last reading, 168/93 so I'm going down, down, down, . . that's after just 2 tablets, one last night and one this morning, . . . I'll be happy with 145/48 or thereabouts, . . . you can't keep an old dog down can ya.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:42 PM

Thats good news Nero, keep it up or should I say down
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:53 PM

Hey ol dog, I agree it can't keep YOU down. Glad to hear it is working.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 08:59 PM

Good news, Nero!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2009, 09:19 PM

Pleased to hear it's improving Nero...
nero
Central Scotland

28-10-2009, 12:42 PM

A slight improvement again today, it's dropped 3 points.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2009, 01:14 PM

No you can't keep an old dog down keep taking the tablets Denis and don't even look at the dosage, that's the doctors job. Just get on and enjoy life

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top