Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 03:51 PM

Apostherapy

Has anyone any knowledge of this

http://apostherapy.co.uk/en/home

Particularly in relation to knee pain. Not sure whether to look into it further or not or whether it will just relieve me of a lot of money and not help my knee at all.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 03:54 PM

Re: Apostherapy

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->

Particularly in relation to knee pain. Not sure whether to look into it further or not or whether it will just relieve me of a lot of money and not help my knee at all.
Val darlin' - sounds like a load of mumbo jumbo phoney scientific crap to me. If you have pain in the knees you either need an arthroscopy or total knee replacement. I can recommend a good surgeon for either procedures.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Val darlin' - sounds like a load of mumbo jumbo phoney scientific crap to me. If you have pain in the knees you either need an arthroscopy or total knee replacement. I can recommend a good surgeon for either procedures.
Its not come to that yet UJ and I'm a bit young still so I'll see how it goes. Its manageable and I think it will be better still when I'm not travelling up to London 4 days a week on and off trains etc. Its just Apostherapy keeps being advertised in the Metro and I was just curious to know if anyone had any first hand experience of it.
The Dog Lover
Watford

18-02-2013, 04:35 PM

There is no surgery involved it seems they assess you and give you some sort of special shoes which they say helps. They don't mention the cost though hmm
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2013, 06:27 PM

I have never heard of Apos Therapy either, but looking around a bit it seems to cost something between £2,500 to a little over £3,000. I couldn't see any orthopaedic or podiatry qualifications mentioned and that would be my starting point. Biomechanics, assessment and treatment applications are undertaken by higihly qualified people and I would want to be re-assured this organisation came under the "professional" umbrella with fully qualified staff. Having said that it does appear to be crediible and apparently BUPA could help pay for it.
Joan uk
New Member!
Manchester, UK
Joan uk is female 

18-02-2013, 07:00 PM

Dog Lover, have you spoken to your doctor about it? maybe it just needs a support on it while you are so busy
SJM
New Member!
Poole
SJM is female 

10-04-2014, 09:43 AM

I've been using APOStherepy for just over a month now following constant surrounding knee pain after a replacement 6 years ago - so far nothing short of miraculous - and it sounds sense, I've just been walking wrong and using the wrong muscles tendons etc. etc. Will it be long term? And it cost £2300 ish but I would have re-mortgaged the house to pay! You get a very specific physio exam ....
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 03:56 PM

Are you currently undergoing any treatment for your knee problem?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 03:59 PM

There is no surgery involved it seems they assess you and give you some sort of special shoes which they say helps. They don't mention the cost though hmm

I've seen odd bits about this Dog Lover, don't know if it works or not, but it seemed very expensive to me at the time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top