Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Re: Healing energy

If its positive dont knock it..

Ive worked with dying people on several occasions and what Ive noticed is that those who have a positive attitude tend to last longer and live better during the time they have left than those who sit back, accept a diagnoses as a death sentence and just wait for the coffin to arrive.

The same can be true for healing and general well being, a positive attitude can make all the difference so as long as Mups isnt hurting anyone then its a good thing.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2015, 11:26 PM

Thankyou all, (except silly Malcolm).
I shall do my best and hope I learn well.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Mups

Just a word of caution as I have read a few horror stories about people getting into some of these practices (inc Reiki).

I advise you to be true to yourself at all times. You should imo know where any healing is coming from and be able to explain it. If you can't you are merely participating ignorantly in someone else's practice and doing what humans invariably do, copy other humans.

The positivity of the end result is not a good enough reason to remain attached to any given practice. Evil people can help and heal others if they so chose. Jimmy Saville was regarded as almost an angel yet we now know what lay beneath.

The desire to heal someone else is a natural instinct we all have. But there are forces in this world, good and bad, which we can not seen or understood. Messing with those forces without truly knowing what they are is a bad idea imo.

If I wanted to help you get over an ailment, I might make you a cup of nice tea made with fresh ginger, cinnamon, green tea, sage other herbs. Every ingredient in the tea would have a specific purpose and benefit and I would be able to explain each one to you.

I would categorically never ever concoct a pot of tea made of strange ingredients which I couldn't recognise or explain their purpose and usage.

So too it should be with all healers and healing processes used by them.

Standing over a person, having them sit or stand in a certain position, placing your own hands on them and then imagining you are channelling some mystical energy from somewhere is both silly and dangerous. Can you explain what that energy is and how it affects humans? Can you explain where that energy is coming from? Can the people you are politely allowing to mentor you explain it either?

If they can not or will not then imo you would be better to not get involved. You are doing the equivalent of giving someone that pot of herbal tea filled with herbs and plants you have no idea about. It's both irresponsible and dangerous. Again I stress that the end result is not sufficient reason to put yourself in that ignorant and liable position. My pot of tea might heal you but even so, if I gave it to you in ignorance of what it actually is and how it worked I would be very much in the wrong and acting both irresponsibly and wickedly.

Most of the charlatans and scams out there rely on the same simple premise. The premise that weak minded people can always be convinced to believe in something that has no examinable evidence.

From your various posts on the forum I don't believe you are a weak minded individual and I am not saying that any of the practices you are talking about are right or wrong. I'm simply saying that if you are going to try to heal someone you have an absolute duty to understand how that process works and where the healing source comes from.

Beware also the very classic pyramid structure of human conditioning programmes. They are prevalent everywhere. You will know them instantly when you start asking searching questions and the answer you get back is "don't worry, you will understand it all better once you reach the next level". The system of "Levels" and reaching some kind of stepped progression stage is just a classic psychological method of underpinning compliance. Look at the pyramid structure in Freemasonry for example. You start at levels 1,2,3 (Apprentice, Fellow, Maser) each time being afforded a few more teasing clues about what is really going on, enough to make you want to keep progressing, yet beneath there are many many levels, some say 33 others say many more. Your own ego and false pride are what drive you to strive for the next level and to reach some kind of "mastery".

Truth is always simple and beautiful and resonates within your very being. If someone will not explain to you how their healing process actually works but still wants you to participate and sets out before you a series of levels to attain, imo, just walk away. You are being socially conditioned (duped) using very age old techniques. They will play to your ego, giving you encouragement, telling you that you have the gift, you have a natural ability, you are somehow special. That will progress to psychological control with typical reinforcement mechanisms where they will have YOU believing that you would be letting them down and letting yourself down if you walked away. There was a heart rending TV programme recently about Scientology and exactly these kind of psychological control mechanisms being used on some women whose lives were sadly shattered by it.

Be true to yourself.

It takes far more strength and character to listen to your inner reasoning and rational logic than it does to put it aside and believe in something that no-one can satisfactorily explain to you.

Good luck whatever you choose.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 11:13 AM

KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 11:33 AM

I think it is nonsense too but there are worse things you could do. It doesn't hurt anybody and as long as people go to a doctor when they are really ill who does it hurt?

Harmless fun.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by KnickerFarage ->
I think it is nonsense too but there are worse things you could do. It doesn't hurt anybody and as long as people go to a doctor when they are really ill who does it hurt?

Harmless fun.
But if the "healer" has no idea what they are doing, if they don't know where this energy is coming from or what its nature is nor how to harness that energy and use it for specific purposes then how can you or anyone else say that it is harmless?

It is impossible to know.

That's the point I make to Mups in all sincerity. These things are either total bunkum (in which case she and thousands of others are being systematically duped and conned) OR there is some kind of energy and healing process in which case it behoves every healer to understand exactly what that healing process is, how it works and it should be demonstrable and be open to evidential enquiry.

There is no middle position here. The notion that it might look all nice and airy fairy so it can't be any harm is nonsense.

These practices are aimed at messing with the mind and body, that's their purpose. As such there is a responsibility for every so called healer to understand exactly what they are doing, what healing sources they are utilising and how they work. If they can not demonstrate and explain how it works then regrettably, however good their intention, they are in fact acting irresponsibly and perhaps wickedly by subjecting patients to forces which they have no knowledge of themselves.

Let me paint a rather crass scenario. I set myself up as a spiritual "Realistiki" healer who uses the power of the crystal wand. I have my patients lay on a couch and I pass a wooden stick with a large crystal shape on the end of it over their body, never actually touching the body but passing it over closely. I learned this from my "Realistiki" master.

Am I doing any harm? You would probably say no because I'm not touching the patient. If the patient wants to believe it works that's just fine, no harm done.

However it later transpires that my magic wand actually contains a crystal which has inside it some weapons grade plutonium. I didn't know that. My "Realistiki" teacher didn't tell me that. Unfortunately that means I have inadvertently been irradiating my patients who perhaps days or week after treatments showed symptoms of illness nothing to do with the conditions they first came in for.

You get the picture. This is simple rational logic. Either there is some actual science or understandable process involved in these practices or there is not.

If there is then every healer has a duty to know and understand what it is. Any healer who believes they are channelling energies but doesn't understand what they are, where they come from, how they are harnessed and shaped and used, is quite frankly an utter fool who, like a mal-practicing doctor, should be struck off and kept away from patients.

Let me be absolutely clear. I am not suggesting that these healing practices are bogus nor am I saying they are legit.

What I am saying that anyone who practices them absolutely should have a complete understanding of how the process works, why it works and should be able to demonstrate it and have it stand up to evidential enquiry. Anyone practicing who doesn't fit that profile is shockingly irresponsible imo.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:18 PM

Good luck with your course Mups, let us know how you get on.
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2015, 12:45 PM

Anyone tried the healing with Stones? Friend of mine swears by it but I admit to not knowing much about it.

We recently had a case here in Canada where the parents of an aboriginal girl with cancer fought the courts to allow the child to be treated with holistic medicine rather than chemo. They won but unfortunately the child died.

I believe the body can heal itself of minor injuries but help is needed for the big stuff such as cancer and heart disease.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2015, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Anyone tried the healing with Stones?
Yep. I listened through Brown Sugar, Ruby Tuesday and Satisfaction and all I got was a headache!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2015, 08:24 PM

I just started another 9 month certificated course last week, with the Holistic Healers association
Hmmm. This organisation looks to be pretty good at grabbing people's money ! That kinda seals it for me.

http://www.holistic-healers-associat...k/courses.html

"Insurance and membership available £30.00 per annum

USUI REIKI CERTIFICATED

REIKI I £90.00

REIKI II £100.00

MASTERS £400.00

Correspondence Crystal Healing Course - Certificated
Course Fee £160.00

Advanced Correspondence Crystal Healing Course - Certificated
Course Fee £80.00

CORRESPONDENCE COLOUR COURSE £180.00"

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top