Join for free
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 10:29 PM

Re: Flu Jab time

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Never had one and never will. Everyone I know who has had them says they make them ill, I have enough problems without adding to them willfully.
Good for you Tess. Our bodies know what they are doing. All we need do is feed them with good fuel and let them get on with it. When we cut ourselves we don't go slathering the cut with silly medications. We stick a plaster on and just wait for the body to do what it does.

We used to do exactly the same thing with colds and flu. But media pundits and Big Pharma came along and spread fear campaigns and managed to convince a large number of people to believe their crap. For some bizarre reason those people suddenly turned away from their body's fantastic healing systems and instead listened to the "Grima Wormtongue" whisperings of snake oil salesmen. It saddens me.

This is what the NHS state about how the vaccine works:

"The injected flu vaccine stimulates your body's immune system to make antibodies to attack the flu virus."

So the jab itself isn't curing you. It is still your own body that is making antibodies to attack the virus.

Your body knows exactly what to do. It will create anti-bodies. So why mess with it? Why put obstacles in the way? All you need do is feed your immune system good food and fuel.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Never had one and never will. Everyone I know who has had them says they make them ill, I have enough problems without adding to them willfully.

Same here TessA, but we've all got to decide for ourselves whether we feel it's worth it or not.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here TessA, but we've all got to decide for ourselves whether we feel it's worth it or not.
Very true. But you can only decide if you have the true information to make that decision. Believing the mainstream medical industry as a matter of course is simply folly now. The industry is a financial business now, not a health company and has been for some years. It therefore has a vested interest in telling you what it wants to tell you so that you will buy its medical products.

Make an informed decision. Research all you can and be determined that your research includes some material that is not from mainstream medical institutions.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 08:15 AM

Interesting reading , may I just add that one friend who travelled with me got the virus 2 days in to the holiday . A new lady to the hotel arrived on the Wednesday and on the Friday was in bed and had to have the doctor as did many. The doc did say it was the flu virus . A number of older people were put in hospital in Spain.

A thought just went through my mind , I wonder if people were being infected whilst on the plane .

Due to the incubation period I'm now left wondering why people were being hit so fast
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-09-2015, 11:45 AM

It's quite possible they were infected on the plane Susan. It's a confined space, air circulating etc etc.

The typical flu incubation period is 1-4 days, with the average being 2 days. However the crucial thing is that you are contagious a day before you feel the onset of
symptoms yourself so you're likely to spread it to a lot of people beforehand. It's almost as if it were a custom made bug designed to be spread around . . . . hmmm!

If people were contagious whilst on the plane or at the airport then lots of people could have been affected.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 01:41 PM

Realist I've never had flu have you? but now I'm of an age where I know it's sensible to have a flu jab. My hubby had flu every year of our married life very ill in bed for a couple of weeks, he said even his hair hurt. Since he became of age for the flu jab he's been free of the virus and never had flu.......we also had the pneumonia jab years ago too it's a one off.

Shame they didn't have the immunisation before the swine flu took hold, I lost a relative to that.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 01:48 PM

It`s free,I never react to it so I`m getting one.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
It`s free,I never react to it so I`m getting one.
Me too,I'm a pretty healthy auld codger,and It's 30 yrs or so since I had flu',but if I was unlucky enough to get it again there's no-one to nurse Me through it...so prevention is better than cure in My case.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:02 PM

I am going tomorrow morning for mine, the medical secretary telephoned me to ask me to attend last week but I postphoned it because of my appointment at the audiology clinic on Wednesday. Last years' flu jab didn't work I went down with flu shortly afterwards but then I think it has been declared by the doctors not to have been a successful one, however, you never know how bad you would have been if you didn't have the jab at all.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2015, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's almost as if it were a custom made bug designed to be spread around . . . . hmmm!
That's exactly what is is !!

Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top