Join for free
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 08:39 PM

The Society (Netflicks)

Sort of Lord of the flies meets American suburban teenagers. Much better than it sounds and strangely addictive. I think some of these young actors are so good that they will be the Hollywood actors of the future. Some gripping moments.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8778064...1?ref_=nv_sr_1
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 01:08 AM

Re: The Society (Netflicks)

I've started watching this again after stop-starting a few weeks ago. It's worth persevering. A kind of American teen Lord of the Flies. Underlines how fragile our "civilised" society is once all those safety nets are removed.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've started watching this again after stop-starting a few weeks ago. It's worth persevering. A kind of American teen Lord of the Flies. Underlines how fragile our "civilised" society is once all those safety nets are removed.
I agree Annie. You need to get over the first couple of episodes before it starts to get interesting but it is worth the wait. The characters are really good as is the acting and there are some edge of the seat moments as well as some lovely moments.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 08:41 PM

You're right. I am quite enjoying it now. Very watchable.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2019, 06:44 PM

Just finished watching this tonight. It's very good. You see the civilised rules of society fall apart so easily. Looking forward to the next season.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

31-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Just finished watching this tonight. It's very good. You see the civilised rules of society fall apart so easily. Looking forward to the next season.
Glad you enjoyed it annie. I don't think they have started filming the 2nd yet but I also look forward to it. I thought the acting in it was really good and much better than the normal teen series.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Glad you enjoyed it annie. I don't think they have started filming the 2nd yet but I also look forward to it. I thought the acting in it was really good and much better than the normal teen series.
The characters really evolved. I suppose given their age they are physically growing up during filming. I liked the very ending. I hope the next season has more on what has happened on the other side.

I don't know about you, but I've got so used to binge watching malarky that I find it really frustrating these days having to wait a whole year!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-06-2019, 10:40 PM

The characters really evolved. I suppose given their age they are physically growing up during filming. I liked the very ending. I hope the next season has more on what has happened on the other side.

I don't know about you, but I've got so used to binge watching malarky that I find it really frustrating these days having to wait a whole year!
Yes, I find with normal weekly series on TV that I forget what has happened or just forget to watch. Much better without all the ads too.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top