Yorkshire
frankieboy is male 

13-07-2018, 09:56 AM

tai chi

just learninghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEOS2zoyQw4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:43 PM

Re: tai chi

Hi Frankieboy I was looking to join a tai chi class but the only one near here is on a Monday evening and I am not sure I would have enough energy left by then .

That looks an easy to follow video, thank you I might give it a try .

My balance is not good these days and I have had a couple of bad falls , tai chi would I think improve my balance.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 01:45 PM

Tai Chi is an option I have often thought about when I get too kanckered for gym training. I'll wait until I'm about 70 hopefully. But is is an interesting and relaxing exercise I agree.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 02:08 PM

Only interested in the combat form Tai Chi Chuan, i have done the health related Tai Chi in the past.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Frankieboy I was looking to join a tai chi class but the only one near here is on a Monday evening and I am not sure I would have enough energy left by then .

That looks an easy to follow video, thank you I might give it a try .

My balance is not good these days and I have had a couple of bad falls , tai chi would I think improve my balance.

I think it should help your balance Meg, if you could find somewhere suitable.
Maybe they will put on more classes in the autumn, so I'd keep looking.

Is there an AgeUK in your area? They often run exercise classes for our age group, or they might at least know where a class is.
Failing that, some Yoga classes do work on balance too, but choose carefully.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I think it should help your balance Meg, if you could find somewhere suitable.
Maybe they will put on more classes in the autumn, so I'd keep looking.

Is there an AgeUK in your area? They often run exercise classes for our age group, or they might at least know where a class is.
Failing that, some Yoga classes do work on balance too, but choose carefully.
Hi Mups I couldn't do Yoga with my poorly knees. I looked for TC classes last Autumn but there was nothing suitable.

I might try online TC in the garden now I have an ipad .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:11 PM

I went to Tai Chi classes a few years ago run at the local church hall.

It was ok but if I'm honest, I found it a bit too slow for me. I felt like that when I tried yoga too.
I felt I wanted to move faster not slower.

Maybe it was just the wrong time for me. Perhaps I might enjoy it more now I'm a few years older and less agile.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2018, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Mups I couldn't do Yoga with my poorly knees. I looked for TC classes last Autumn but there was nothing suitable.

I might try online TC in the garden now I have an ipad .

I wish you lived nearer Meg, and I'd drag you off with me to try Yoga. There are loads of things you can do that wouldn't hurt knees.
Even with poorly knees, it is still important to breathe well and keep your lungs in good order, and what about neck exercises, and arms, feet, hands, back etc?

There are even chair exercises for anyone really immobile, so I'd be carting you off I'm afraid.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-07-2018, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I went to Tai Chi classes a few years ago run at the local church hall.

It was ok but if I'm honest, I found it a bit too slow for me. I felt like that when I tried yoga too.
I felt I wanted to move faster not slower.

Maybe it was just the wrong time for me. Perhaps I might enjoy it more now I'm a few years older and less agile.

Thing is Pesta, there are about 10 or 11 different types of Yoga I believe, so trying one doesn't always mean it's not for you. It can just mean you joined the wrong class.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thing is Pesta, there are about 10 or 11 different types of Yoga I believe, so trying one doesn't always mean it's not for you. It can just mean you joined the wrong class.
Yes, I know what you mean but I just didn't 'feel' the tai chi or yoga. I need to 'feel' I'm 'with it' whilst doing any exercise, and with both it just didn't happen.

I used to love aerobics... it was all strenuous and I felt good doing it. I felt I was 'at one' with the exercises. Similarly, I love to walk, really striding at a fast pace, 'feeling' it while I'm striding.

I can't do ambling or strolling along though. Having said there will come a day (not too far off according to my knees methinks) when I will have to be ambling along.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top