Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:22 AM

Arthritis pain

Has any one got any Home Remedies for Arthritis pains. My Spine is killing me, have trouble when I get out of bed in straightening myself up, my foot and ankle and my Arm.

I have been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin and Cod Liver Oil tablets for some time now, but doesn't seem to have improved.

I also use Rapid heat on my body.

Any other suggestions for me please, all welcomed.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:43 AM

Re: Arthritis pain

Poor you Susie. I know that Fruity suffers with this, although he may not be online for a while, personal stuff. I will PM him anyway.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:45 AM

How come you’ve diagnosed this as being Arthritis ? Or have you been examined ?
Sounds like something else for it to be in foot, ankle and arm .
Like you’re lying too heavily on one side trapping nerves ,or then again it can be disc trouble .
How do I know these things ? Because I have the same symptoms apart from my arm isn’t affected .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
How come you’ve diagnosed this as being Arthritis ? Or have you been examined ?
Sounds like something else for it to be in foot, ankle and arm .
Like you’re lying too heavily on one side trapping nerves ,or then again it can be disc trouble .
How do I know these things ? Because I have the same symptoms apart from my arm isn’t affected .

It is entirely possible to get Arthritis in foot, ankle and shoulder joints - hence Susie's pains in these areas. Pain from the arthritic shoulder could travel down the nerves into the arm, its called 'referred pain'.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
It is entirely possible to get Arthritis in foot, ankle and shoulder joints - hence Susie's pains in these areas. Pain from the arthritic shoulder could travel down the nerves into the arm, its called 'referred pain'.
I know all about referred pain thanks but that doesn’t fit with SJ saying “ my spine’s killing me “ in my opinion.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
I know all about referred pain thanks but that doesn’t fit with SJ saying “ my spine’s killing me “ in my opinion.

Of course its logical. If Susie has arthritis in the spine, as I too have - spread from my hips into my lower spine!!!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:42 PM

I've used those `Deep Heat` stick-on heat pads in the past - when you peel off the protective sleeve and stick it to your body, a chemical reaction causes the pad to warm up. They stay in place once applied and last for several hours too.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:52 PM

I do have two Prolapsed Discs and have been back to my doctors about it and Pain Management at the Hospital, who won't do Surgery on my back, but did say to me that Arthritis has set in on my back and legs and just gave me Painkillers. So I presume its both Disc and Arthritis combined.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 12:58 PM

I find Diclofenac Gel works quite well on my arthritis, I don't take tablets if I can help it so look for alternatives.
I try to distract myself from pain, if I go for a walk, which helps once you get past the painful start, I look for interesting things to photograph or just look at. If I didn't walk every day I would seize up and that's a downward slope to immobility.
I have arthritis in my lower back which is made worse by too much sitting, in my feet, hands, neck and tennis and golfer's elbow.
As I have to nap and find I get painful hands afterwards, moving them is the only way to get rid of the pain.
The gel helps if I know I have a shopping trip etc. just to keep going a bit longer.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK

08-10-2018, 01:02 PM

I do go out walking but I can't get up any hills or slopes now and I don't sit around all day, i'm always busy, i'm just finding it harder and harder every day now. My Mum was healthier then me, she was still walking around without any pain at the age of 94.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top