Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 01:15 PM

Re: Arthritis pain

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
I do go out walking but I can't get up any hills or slopes now and I don't sit around all day, i'm always busy, i'm just finding it harder and harder every day now. My Mum was healthier then me, she was still walking around without any pain at the age of 94.
Thankyou for the affirmation that you have disc trouble Susie .
I commiserate with your findings on problems with slopes and hills because I’m in the same boat so to speak .
You shouldn’t compare to your mum ,try to focus on improvement for yourself .
If it’s discs there’s not much to do except accept and not do more than you’re able which will only put you in more pain .I need to focus on a need to focus on never having to be a wheelchair user.
Don’t forget also that anything other than perfect alignment in the spine will throw other things out of place causing as UJ said referred pain in your ankle perhaps.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:29 PM

Changing your diet helps some people.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Don’t forget also that anything other than perfect alignment in the spine will throw other things out of place causing as UJ said referred pain in your ankle perhaps.
Other things out of place can develop arthritits. But in my experience I reckon I will end up with arthritis in certain areas because of old sporting injuries. Injury often leads to arthritis in old age.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:38 PM

Susie, I have suffered with lower back pain for most of my life, when it is really bad I wear a back brace ( of which I have several) and take co-codomol tablets. The brace does take some of the pressure off the spine.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:46 PM

I was going to ask what pills your on as they may not be strong enough. When I had the awful pain in my knees the Doctor gave me Naproxen, it was wonderful, took the pain right away for long periods at a time. I also swam (still do) as it exercised all my joints and stopped them seizing up.
You could also see an Osteopathic about getting the discs back in place.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:16 PM

I take painkillers for my pain Susie.

It's not arthritis but bursitis in my thigh - but pain is pain.

The pain is unbelievable and sometimes my leg seizes up & won't move.

If I want day out enjoying myself without pain this is what I take.

2 x Gabapentin 300 mg.
2 x Ibuprofen
2 x Paracetamol.
2. codeine 30mg.
I x Omeprozole to protect my tummy.

Four times a day. Max dose 32 tablets.

I've tried everything. Acupuncture. Ultra sound. Laser therapy. Tens machine. All the 'natural' pain cures I know about but I don't believe in any now.

Only high dose of pain killers work for me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:20 PM

So sorry to hear about your pain Susie, and Carol.
It might be a silly question, but I suppose you've looked on the "Arthritis Research" website, have you?
You might find something useful there.

https://www.arthritisresearchuk.org/

I do agree with others that have suggested a Chiropractor (I prefer them to Osteopaths).

If you are in pain, you are perhaps not carrying yourself quite normally, so putting more pressure on good joints as you seek to take the pain away from areas that hurt. This can have a knock-on affect.

I see a McTimoney Chiropractor roughly avery 3 months for a session, and she has kept me mobile for years.
Perhaps you could look at the link and see if there is one in your area? Might be worth a try. McTimoney practitioners are very different from Osteopaths.
Good luck Susie. x

https://www.mctimoney-chiropractic.org/home.aspx
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:21 PM

I take Naproxen for my sciatica.
It is an excellent pain killer.
Well done Roxy I forgot about that.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Has any one got any Home Remedies for Arthritis pains. My Spine is killing me, have trouble when I get out of bed in straightening myself up, my foot and ankle and my Arm.

I have been taking Glucosamine Chondroitin and Cod Liver Oil tablets for some time now, but doesn't seem to have improved.

I also use Rapid heat on my body.

Any other suggestions for me please, all welcomed.
This might help, I used to work for them, the helplines are all free, along with booklets about arthritis, how to manage your pain etc
It’s a charity, they are not selling anything and they won’t ask you to donate.
https://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:57 PM

Maybe contraversial but I wonder if CBD oil might work?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top