Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:05 PM

Re: Am I being old fashioned?

Its the norm nowadays ,doubt its going to change either. Tbh it doesnt bother me what language people are using as long as its not being directed at me in an offensive manner.
I swear and also both my sons swear but only rarely I must add..I cant say I like hearing the "f" word much but its part of vocabulary now from a much younger age it seems
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't like the "f" or "c" words but it seems to be the norm these days to use them.
I thought I liked Sarah Millican Lee Evans and a couple of other comedians until I saw their "uncut" shows on telly, it put me right off them. I suppose if it's allowed on telly people think it's ok.
Hi Tess.... What is the "C" word, can you give me a hint? I don't think I have ever heard a C word.....

I don't mind if someone is angry to use the "F" word, but I don't like anyone using The Lord's name in vain.....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 12:27 PM

I hear it all the time also.
My mans got a real potty mouth.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 01:01 PM

I was watching a rubbish reality programme last night, only because it was filmed in my area. The young woman in it, swore throughout and I wondered how her parents felt when they were watching.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I caught the 9.10am bus yesterday,I had an exercise class at rehab,.....it was full of students,all I heard from quite a few of them,was the f... word,oh how times have changed,..am I being old fashioned?..how would you have felt?..would you have said anything?..I guess it's words,that mean nothing to the younger generation,..I do think about young children on the bus,
You hear them everywhere, not just on buses, in the street, in cafe's etc. It seems to be the norm.
Last night having nothing better to do I thought I'd watch the film Ted. I love Teddy bears & had never seen it before. After about half an hour I switched it off. The language & sexual references were too much. If students get to watch films like that no wonder they swear & have 'potty mouths' as my Gran would say.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
You hear them everywhere, not just on buses, in the street, in cafe's etc. It seems to be the norm.
Last night having nothing better to do I thought I'd watch the film Ted. I love Teddy bears & had never seen it before. After about half an hour I switched it off. The language & sexual references were too much. If students get to watch films like that no wonder they swear & have 'potty mouths' as my Gran would say.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 02:40 PM

The youth of today use the f and that vile c word like it's part of the normal language. Sign of the times and not for the better imo. I don't think it's old fashioned it's just something that we aren't used to. We didn't need to use filthy language to converse with our friends and family we managed to express ourselves quite well without it. There isnt much respect anymore amongst the young people.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 02:45 PM

Well that settles it!
It's all Norm's fault!
Let's get him!!!
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Hi Tess.... What is the "C" word, can you give me a hint? I don't think I have ever heard a C word.....

I don't mind if someone is angry to use the "F" word, but I don't like anyone using The Lord's name in vain.....
Hi Blue...the "c" word has four letters in it and refers to the woman's vagina..."c**t."
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Blue...the "c" word has four letters in it and refers to the woman's vagina..."c**t."
No it doesn’t!

It’s, c u next Tuesday!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top