Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 12:37 PM

Re: Livi

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Wondered if anyone has used the new NHS livi service ? GP consultations by phone.

We've had a letter from our local service asking if we want to join up.

So just wondering if anyone already does it ? is it any good etc ?
Never heard of it, but this is interesting...

https://www.ft.com/content/eac05b46-...2-7574db66bcd5

There's already one called Babylon?

Note, it says...Babylon, which is used by UK health secretary Matt Hancock, is compensated by the NHS
when patients de-register with local GPs and switch to the app.

Caroline Baker, chief executive of the NICS, said: “GPs in north-west Surrey, just like GPs all around the country, are struggling with an increased workload from a growing and ageing population, tight budgets and a workforce crisis.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's disgraceful Galty, I wonder if people are aware that they will lose the right to visit their local GP....
Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Never heard of it, but this is interesting...

https://www.ft.com/content/eac05b46-...2-7574db66bcd5

There's already one called Babylon?

Note, it says...Babylon, which is used by UK health secretary Matt Hancock, is compensated by the NHS
when patients de-register with local GPs and switch to the app.

Caroline Baker, chief executive of the NICS, said: “GPs in north-west Surrey, just like GPs all around the country, are struggling with an increased workload from a growing and ageing population, tight budgets and a workforce crisis.
Didn't realise any of that, it was sold to us as a complementary service not an either or. I'm not giving up my GP for anything, they are like gold dust round here and I have complicated health needs that mean I need a gp I can meet not just an on line presence. So thank you all for finding that out, I nearly made a very bad mistake there !
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 07:56 PM

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Julie.....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top