Join for free
Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:09 PM

Re: Mammogram

No Julie. I'm just grasping to understand how a thread that opens with "this is when my Mammogram appointment is" is supposed to progress. I mean there's no discussion content there. What were you expecting exactly? How did you expect an entire thread to progress from that opener?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:16 PM

Well if anyone else had started it after they had breast cancer I'd be saying good luck hope all goes well. Not scaring them with what the test might do to them.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:19 PM

My best friend has found breast lumps in both breasts, went to the doctors and she is to go to the breast clinic tomorrow for tests. I'm praying its not serious and they are just fatty lumps. I have another friend who has double breast cancer picked up on a mammogram early and they are hopeful they caught it in time.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:43 PM

Hope all goes well. I would be looking for a further test, not a Mammogram to properly determine what they are. It's quite possible they are DCIS and if so there's only about a 1%-3% chance of them becoming invasive cancer so don't lose hope.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Hope all goes well. I would be looking for a further test, not a Mammogram to properly determine what they are. It's quite possible they are DCIS and if so there's only about a 1%-3% chance of them becoming invasive cancer so don't lose hope.
thank you Realist, I'm so frightened for her
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-11-2018, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
thank you Realist, I'm so frightened for her
Fear is the primary weapon and MO of the medical industry. Don't give them the satisfaction. We all die at some point.
If you were to die on Day X, would it really make any tangible difference if you were to die on day X-1?

How about X-2? X-10?

You'll simply get on with life and move to the next iteration before everyone else, you'll have a head start.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 08:08 AM

My best friend has found breast lumps in both breasts, went to the doctors and she is to go to the breast clinic tomorrow for tests. I'm praying its not serious and they are just fatty lumps. I have another friend who has double breast cancer picked up on a mammogram early and they are hopeful they caught it in time.
LQ, tell her to ask if they can do a needle biopsy... that way they will know exactly what they are dealing with. It doesn't take long and I am can't remember if they used a local anaesthetic, but there was no pain.
That was how they established what type of cancer I had & were able to start me on the right treatment quickly.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:29 AM

If my experiences are anything to go on she will get excellent care LQ and many lumps turn out to be nothing to worry about. I really hope she finds the nurses and doctors I had such lovely people who make it all as easy as they can.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Fear is the primary weapon and MO of the medical industry. Don't give them the satisfaction. We all die at some point.
If you were to die on Day X, would it really make any tangible difference if you were to die on day X-1?

How about X-2? X-10?

You'll simply get on with life and move to the next iteration before everyone else, you'll have a head start.
Does that mean I can start smoking again?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-11-2018, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Does that mean I can start smoking again?
You can do whatever you wish Longdogs.

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

The only rules in life are those you voluntarily allow yourself to be subjected to.

You can live X years without smoking, or live < X years with smoking. Do you have special plans for the additional years you would save by not smoking? Are those years going to be somehow fantasically more meaningful and enlightening than all the years before them?

Where does this notion that striving to scrape every last day of life out of an existence come from?

Page 15 of 17 « First < 5 13 14 15 16 17 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top