Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:41 PM

Re: Dizzy

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I agree with others. Sounds like Hypotension or Labyrinthitis.

Had the latter myself a few times, it's pretty horrible. Had to lie of the floor on the spot once, just couldn't move for the room spinning, slowly crawled to the sofa managed to climb on and stayed there lying down for an hour.

If it's an ear related condition like that you should usually get a sense, however sleight, of which ear it is. It will feel different to the other imo.

if so, Google the EPLEY MANOUEVER and give it a try.

It's the most simple thing to do. It's uncomfortable as the room spins while you do it, but it is perfectly safe and it can clear the ear tubes of the crystals that cause the imbalance.

Epley Manouever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBzID5nVQjk
I have seen that done on TV and it works.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have seen that done on TV and it works.
I've done it myself and also know it works. I wouldn't recommend it otherwise.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
I've done it myself and also know it works. I wouldn't recommend it otherwise.
I wouldn't dare question you Realist. I was just saying like.
Madison
UK
Madison is female  Madison has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:11 PM

I suffer with vertigo, Julie, and it’s a horrible sensation of the room spinning.

My GP gave me tablets and I always carry some with me so that I can take them immediately if I start to feel dizzy and they help me a lot.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:30 PM

Go to your GP Julie, as its obviously your ears, its a balance thing, it could be an:

Ear Infection.
Vertigo.
Wax.

Could be anything.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 03:40 PM

As others have said...get to see a doc..can't be too careful. I hope it clears up soon for you. Don't even think about work....your health is priority here.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 07:10 PM

I suspect no work for Julie tonight!!

What did they say at the walk in clinic Julie?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I suspect no work for Julie tonight!!

What did they say at the walk in clinic Julie?

I've been wondering that too, Carol.

Yoo-Hoo Julie, where are you?
Hope all's OK.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:20 AM

Well that was bit of a drama ! I hate making a fuss so it's rather left me reeeling.

Went to the walk in clinic, lovely people they went into a huddle with my prescription and took my blood pressure then called an ambulance

I've been taking wrong tablets for my blood pressure for about three weeks apparently. They gave me something completely contra indicated for high blood pressure and it was so high they thought I might have a stroke.

I'm a bit cross when I picked up the prescription a month ago I did query the tablets looked different and they were a different brand, but pharmacy said that was what was prescribed by GP.

Looks like there is going to be a big fuss about it as the pharmacy are complaining to the GP surgery and saying they can't trust prescriptions from them as it puts them and the patients in danger.
Anyway I've come home with a machine strapped to me reading my blood pressure every few minutes that will alert me if it changes dangerously and an appointment for tomorrow with one of the nurses at the surgery.

Its all very worrying I've been on same prescription for well over 12 years so why or how did they change it suddenly ? lots of questions need answering.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-11-2018, 10:41 AM

That is terrible Julie!
Was it a new doctor who issued the prescription?
How do mistakes like this happen?

Thank God you went to get help.
Hope it gets sorted safely now, and you soon feel much better.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top