Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 02:58 PM

Re: Trapped nerve in my back.

Take it easy buddy, let's hope the doc can sort this issue out. Otherwise those Chinese gurls will be waiting in the wings for you
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 05:31 PM

Have the pain meds kicked in yet Longy?
Nothing worse than feeling in pain ... except, in pain and not getting any decent rest either.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Sorry to hear you are in so much pain Longfellow. All you can do is keep taking the painkillers & sleep when you can... but i hope you can see the Physio therapist soon.

When you do, remember that Physio is something you need to do often & the effects are not usually fast.... but well worth it in the end.

Hope you feel better soon.
Thanks Twinkle,
I suppose I should have been having physio a few years back when I was first dx with spondylosis. But typical of me not wanting to commit to surgery visits especially in the winter times which is when most come up. Now perhaps I will be pushed into regular treatment and I won't moan about it after this I can tell you.
I already got collared by the diabetes nurse who I have been dodging all this year she was waiting outside the doc's office when I opened the door. So I have to see her on Thursday morning.I reckon my doc must have signalled her in some way.

Floydy Take it easy buddy, let's hope the doc can sort this issue out. Otherwise those Chinese gurls will be waiting in the wings for you
You must go through some of this yourself Floydy with all those workouts you do. I used to alot in my early footballing days I remember.
I reckon this could be my body telling me to restart my small training sessions.
Obviously no where near as strenuous for obvious reasons health wise as yours.
But thats no excuse I still should be doing small weights/sit ups/indoor bike riding instead of letting it all just gather dust in my bedroom.
I gave away my 5ks and 4ks to my grandson a while back but I still have the 2ks and 3ks.
No mat that went to my grand daughter but I always have the bed and carpet and the astro turf on the balcony in the summer months.

Well my first attempt at taking these bleeding sleeping tablets as failed I only slept for about 3 hours was looking for longer and the pain killers did not last that long as well I woke with a searing pain in my shoulder and back.

Here's hoping it starts working sooner rather than later.

Now wheres that Chinese massage parlours number better make sure I wing the white number and not the wong one. Yes the old ones are the best eh Floydy.

Live long and prosper peep's.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Day 4 with a trapped nerve in my back near my spine at the top.
I already have spondylosis so on top of that I now have continuous pain hardly any sleep cannot sit comfortably.

Pain got so bad yesterday went to Basildon hospital 6am sat for a few hours waiting to see a doctor his diagnosis without a x.ray was trapped nerve gave me 2 diazepam's and a letter for my gp who I see today at 11am.

She will then hopefully refer me to a physiotherapist which I am dreading may take weeks.
May even send me back to Basildon hospital for a x.ray just to make sure its a trapped nerve and not my spine.

Pain killers are crap,heat pads are even worse sprays and biofreeze forget about it they do not work. I love our NHS.."NOT".
I hear your pain and I'm sorry that you are suffering so much.
I take your point about pain remedies being of limited effectiveness.I have a bad elbow at the moment. I have found Voltarol gives me some relief.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Have the pain meds kicked in yet Longy?
Nothing worse than feeling in pain ... except, in pain and not getting any decent rest either.
I got 3 hours Morty but already feeling a lot more alert although my shoulder is not appreciating this typing at present I am doing.
So I reckon a movie or two may be the answer for this evening where I just sit sup tea or supermalt I have a fridge full of that and eat crisps and chocolate.

It may help me put on a few pounds whilst I am convalescing.
I have lost some weight this year due to illness so perhaps its time to make those scales work again.

Thanks for the words Morty hope you are keeping well warm and healthy these days.
longfellow
Chatterbox

03-12-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I hear your pain and I'm sorry that you are suffering so much.
I take your point about pain remedies being of limited effectiveness.I have a bad elbow at the moment. I have found Voltarol gives me some relief.
Bes the list is endless what have tried since Friday Voltarol was one of the first on the list I tried I was surprised when it never touched it.
Its always been a good one to use.
But not this time I am afraid.

But I dare say if this pain keeps returning so quickly then I may well slap on some more .

Nurofen another I thought may make a difference but failed miserably
Nurofen Joint/Back capsules and gel and heat pads.
Deep Heat spray and gel and deep Heat pads, even my old football favourite Ralgex.

Still we live to learn at least I have a good stock of mild meds now if I pull a minor muscle.

Looking forward to at least getting 3 hours kip tonight which will be a blessing I can tell you.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 07:13 PM

Hi

I have severe nerve pain, but not for the same reason.

Not being able to sleep really wears you down.

I hope you get it sorted soon.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 08:04 PM

how awful for you. My sister used to suffer dreadful sciatica which is trapped nerves and I saw how much pain she was in. I do hope they can give you good meds to help with the pain and I also hope you are away with the fairies in noddy land as I write this with those zopiclone tabs.

Hopefully by the time you read this you will be in less pain.

I'll keep you in my prayers, anything is worth a try I guess. xx
longfellow
Chatterbox

03-12-2018, 08:27 PM

Cheers Swimmy and thanks LQ.

Gritting my teeth at present and waiting till 8pm when I can take my next dose of painkillers and oh god do I need them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 01:35 AM

I really cannot understand this Bigfella, and to be honest, it damn well annoys me at your treatment.

Have you still not had an x-ray or a scan? If not, why not?

Why do these doctors dose you up with drugs to treat a condition without knowing what the problem is even, and without a proper diagnosis??

You say the drugs are not helping very much, so how can they expect you to continue with treatment that isn't working, and in the meantime might even be creating additonal problems?

Forgive the comparison please, but can I tell you something? A long time ago one my dogs dug under a fence she shouldn't have done, and ending up slipping a disc. This was diagnosed by x-ray, which I saw myself, so I knew it was correct.

The vet prescribed painkillers, just like you have been given.
I remember thinking to myself at the time, all the painkillers in the world are not going to move a disc back where it belongs!

Fortunately, the lovely lady who has always looked after my back, also treats dogs and even horses. She is a McTimoney chiropractor.
I phoned for an appointment, lifted my dog in the car and off we went.

I stayed with her throughout the treatment, to soothe her and keep her calm, and 45 mins later, when we went back out to my car, she jumped in by herself before I coud stop her.
The difference was amazing - and drug free.

We went back to my vets a few days later and he was impressed. They re-x-rayed, and her disc had been corrected. No more pain and no more treatment.

Please give it some thought my friend. I do feel so strongly about dishing out treatments before a diagnosis.

Good luck, and I hope you can get it sorted real soon. x

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top