Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:01 PM

Re: Not Another Re-make?!

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Don't you lot know anything??!!

It's not a remake.

It's a follow up... 20 years later, the children are grown-up, and magical mysterious Mary Poppins returns to Depression-era London to visit Jane and her brother Michael, now a father of three, and helps them rediscover the joy they knew as children.

It looks fabulous and I for one can't wait to see it!

I suggest an OFF outing for FUN to cheer everyone up and get rid of the grumps and cynics!

https://youtu.be/

https://youtu.be/
Im with you Ruthio, cant wait to see it

Unfortunately I will have to as the week it opens we are on our knees in work

From the trailers its looking really go. Enough of a nod to us oldies who love the original, and enough new magic for the new to Mary Poppins
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by John ->
I'd rather be tortured on the rack, than have to sit through a Mary Poppins movie, of whatever vintage
Me to, it's not an original idea then. There are much better stories out there.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by 2GrayHairs ->
I'm tired of remakes. They never seem to be as good as the first one. And often have some politically correct agenda behind them.
Yes you are spot on the money there Gray Hairs,

But Hollywood has had a political agenda behind 99.9 %
of their films for as long as they started making them.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I never bothered to watch the first Mary Poppins Twiz, even when they were screaming out it’s merits, but it was indeed a very popular and profitable film, and profit is what it’s all about, perhaps they think they can clean up on a new version again.
My son and me (he’s another horror fan like me) were talking about the terrible horror films they are now producing, not a bit original.
I always wondered why they never remade this old horror film, it has a great story and I’m sure it would be a winner today, it can be watched on tube.

“The Man Who Changed His Mind" is a 1936 British science fiction horror film starring Boris Karloff and Anna Lee. It was directed by Robert Stevenson and was produced by Gainsborough Pictures. The film was also known as The Brainsnatcher or The Man Who Lived Again” Wiki.
I love horror films too Jem, now if it was "Mary Poppins meets Ju-on" that would be worth watching!
I'll look that film up!
vinylman65
east coast-u.s.a.
vinylman65 is male  vinylman65 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 09:46 PM

Haaaaaaaaaa,this seems to be the norm today,remakes-reboots and most of em stink,but that won't stop em from churning em out like cheap suits!!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 10:13 PM

I see Peter Jackson is still trying to get his Dam Busters off the ground.It would have be very special to be as good as the original.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 11:10 PM

Might be nice for Bert to have a decent Cockney Accent in this one
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2018, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Mary Poppins now!
There are millions of books out there, hundreds of millions of stories and they make films of films!
I know they probably think they have a sure thing by re-making old favourites but surely there are just as good unseen films to be made!

What say you?
I say thank the Lord. I thought it was another Robin Hood.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top