Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:13 PM

Re: EastEnders Set ,27million pounds over budget.

you lot don't know how lucky you are

Come and watch Spanish TV if you think yours is crap
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Yes I'd hear that too ... they refuse to believe you're not watching Eastenders on iPlayer.

I wonder how Silver Tabby pulled it off.
1 My DVD player does not record.

2 I only have a monitor - not a TV set - so cannot receive broadcast transmissions.

3 I cannot use Iplayer or any other catch up facility because I am in a low bandwidth area and they won't play without dancing all over the PC screen.

At one time you did not need a licence to watch catch up type programmes but they changed that law last September. When I first threw out the TV - they did send someone round to make sure I was not telling porkies and to explain all the ins and outs - now I just have to log in to their website occasionally and confirm that my circumstances haven't changed.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Some of those shows are funded by adverts so your licence fee doesn't go to them. I still find the licence fee worth it because I love the radio shows radio 2 and 4 are great, surrey and sussex local stations again pretty good.

Radios became exempt from licence in 1971.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

13-12-2018, 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=Puddle Duck;1591929]Ooops ! Tabby, mind you don't get caught.. !

QUOTE]

I am totally legal, PuddleDuck!
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Radios became exempt from licence in 1971.
Spot on.

Did not realise it was that far back but was a well known fact to most.

Regards to your other post.

Got rid of my TV over 8 years ago and informed them and they never bothered me after.

As and when I reached the age of 75 applied for a license...but never bought a TV.

PS.... do very rarely watch BBC but if I do its on my I pad
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 10:21 AM

i have never watched Eastenders
That would be time to end it all.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
you lot don't know how lucky you are

Come and watch Spanish TV if you think yours is crap
No thanks. I first experience Spanish TV in the early 80's and decided it wasn't for me.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2018, 08:00 PM

It is perfectly legal to not have a licence these days provided you do not watch live TV or rather programs that are being broadcast as you watch it. If you watch iPlayer then thanks to the connivance of the government after the BBC spent a lot of money whinging or lobbying got the law changed, but you do not need a license for other catch up channels.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top