Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2011, 04:45 PM

Hot weather feet

Does anyone else get aching feet and legs in the hot weather ? I don't remember this being a problem when I was younger .

I cant wait to put my feet in a cool bath just before bedtime or if there has been a shower of rain to walk barefoot on the grass , bliss
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2011, 06:26 PM

Re: Hot weather feet

Yes Meg darlin' I suffer from that problem too - just shuck off your slippers and walk around bare foot
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2011, 06:47 PM

My legs not so much my feet, ache at the end of the day - it's nice to put them up when you settle down on an evening.

I usually walk around the house barefoot at this time of the year, it feels much more comfortable.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2011, 07:27 PM

Hands and feet seem to swell up to twice the size as well when it's warm and humid. I don't remember that happening either
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
My legs not so much my feet, ache at the end of the day - it's nice to put them up when you settle down on an evening.

I usually walk around the house barefoot at this time of the year, it feels much more comfortable.
Meg darlin' I make use of my recliner chair throughout the day. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 09:10 AM

I too have this problem my ankles swell up to twice their size and my legs hurt, when i get home i raise my feet on the arm of the settee and can feel the blood circulating again.
That is bliss, it must be when you get to a certain age?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

27-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I too have this problem my ankles swell up to twice their size and my legs hurt, when i get home i raise my feet on the arm of the settee and can feel the blood circulating again.
Shirley darlin' - invest in the purchase of a recliner chair - you'll find that a sight more comfortable, and if you do as I have done, place two pillows on the foot stool so that they sit underneath your knees which then bends the legs slightly, you'll find that the most comfortable position to sit for hours at a time.

The reason my legs hurt so, is because of 'Uncle Arthur' (Arthritis). Have already had both hips and knees replaced, now surgeons are contemplating replacing my ankles too. Good 'ere innit???
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2011, 04:18 PM

Not a problem for me,luckily, but I go barefoot all the time unless I go outside, which isn't that frequently these days. And shoes off the instant I get home.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I think you will find this is water retention and the strange thing is you need to drink more so that your body will get rid of the retained water. Legs raised certainly helps. I get restless legs and dead legs and that seems worse at warmer imes.

Try to be hydrated and put your feet up as soon as you can. Course it is nice if you can get a nice foot lotion and get someone to massage your tootsies.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
I think you will find this is water retention and the strange thing is you need to drink more so that your body will get rid of the retained water. Legs raised certainly helps. I get restless legs and dead legs and that seems worse at warmer imes.

Try to be hydrated and put your feet up as soon as you can. Course it is nice if you can get a nice foot lotion and get someone to massage your tootsies.
Are you volunteering Cate

I think you are right about the water retention contributing to the aching. I get this problem and it is worse in hot weather, at times I can't get my shoes on and have to wear a pair a size too big . I hadn't really connected the two things but it is logical isn't it, the fluid adds extra weight and this makes the legs ache.

I do put my feet up when I can and I drink a lot of water

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top