Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 02:18 PM

Re: Hot weather feet

Shove your plates over here love and I'll get me Peppermint foot lotion out. Any one who want a nice foot massage form an orderly queue.

I went over and cut my mother in laws toe nails last week. Bless her she had them soaked for so long they felt warm and soggy and it made me feel quite ill. But no blood was drawn and I was a hero.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Shove your plates over here love and I'll get me Peppermint foot lotion out. Any one who want a nice foot massage form an orderly queue.
..thanks Cate will have to have my legs stretched to reach you

Bless her she had them soaked for so long they felt warm and soggy and it made me feel quite ill. .
eeewww
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 07:37 AM

I have to go to Podiatrist clinic to get my toe nails cut - I can't bend down that far any more to do it myself.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 10:52 AM

We found that mother-in-law would have to pay £20 to have her nails cut so I volunteered. Mother is 83 and I was surprised that she had to pay.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2011, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
We found that mother-in-law would have to pay £20 to have her nails cut so I volunteered. Mother is 83 and I was surprised that she had to pay.

That's ridiculous Cate darlin'!!! - Does your Mother receive Pension Credit??? If so, either she can have it done (for free) at her Doctor's surgery or they will refer her to the nearest surgery that does provide this service.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

31-07-2011, 06:51 PM

Mother - in -law phoned age UK she doesn't seem to understand that they are a private organisation and charge for everything. I will tell her to ask her doctor for areferal. Until last year she was paying full whack for he glasses, she thought she would have to buy herself a hearing aid and we have only recently got her pension credit.

I think age UK should be looking out for the aged but I don't think they do as no one has told mother in law any of these things we have had to point them out to her.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top