Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 11:16 AM

Re: New Cars

Fuel tank senders. Now that brings back memories.
They had a habit of failing on one of my taxis that I owned. It was easy to get to them, but when you took them out through the hole on the top of the tank, you had to be careful not the dislodge the float. I had a couple floating around in the tank.
I even repaired a sender once by replacing the coil. It was just something to try to do, which I did.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I can't reset the radio and clock after a battery failure stopped them
I am so glad that it is not only me we have tried everything to reset ours, nothing works. Went to replace it but all the ones we looked at where either bigger or smaller than the one that is in the car. so annoying.

There are lots of lights on my car and every time one comes on I panic like mad.

I have an old car and at its last MOT they had to fix the fog lights, oh good I hear you say, now can someone show me where the fog lights are because I don't know.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I am so glad that it is not only me we have tried everything to reset ours, nothing works. Went to replace it but all the ones we looked at where either bigger or smaller than the one that is in the car. so annoying.

There are lots of lights on my car and every time one comes on I panic like mad.

I have an old car and at its last MOT they had to fix the fog lights, oh good I hear you say, now can someone show me where the fog lights are because I don't know.
Radio's need recoding if disconnecting from the battery, normally you are given the code number.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 12:05 PM

Very often written on the casing with a permanent marker, which makes it pointless.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
Fuel tank senders. Now that brings back memories.
They had a habit of failing on one of my taxis that I owned. It was easy to get to them, but when you took them out through the hole on the top of the tank, you had to be careful not the dislodge the float. I had a couple floating around in the tank.
I even repaired a sender once by replacing the coil. It was just something to try to do, which I did.
Yes Emjay, once a simple job to replace the sender/float. Just half a turn and they could be removed from the side of the tank and cost about £10.
The Mondeo Mk4, what a joy, the entire tank needs removing and you cannot buy the simple sender but have to buy the huge petrol pump assembly.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have had this car for 6 years and still don't know what half the buttons do and I can't reset the radio and clock after a battery failure stopped them .
With that radio, do you need a code to reset it? This normally is the case when power is removed, as in disconnecting the battery.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 04:02 PM

With ours you need a code to reset it, we tried to get in touch with the person who we got the car off but no joy, thought he may have written it down on the paperwork we got with the car, there is a slot to right it down, but he was not that clever. tried all variations of what we could think off, nothing.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK

22-09-2015, 05:15 PM

If you do a google, there are places that can sort it out for a fee. I don't know what or how they do it.
Or I wonder if you were to contact the radio makers they maybe could also help if you gave them the serial number.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2015, 06:29 PM

Quite often if you take the radio out it is written on the case, but if you have tried more than 3 times with the wrong code it has to be unlocked by an expert.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

22-09-2015, 06:38 PM

shame really as any cigar-lighter plug with a couple of wires and a six volt battery will hold the radio and on-board computer live and none of this happens. Or buy the small kit which I did.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top