Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 06:34 PM

Re: Diets may determine dementia risk

Vegan tee total folks might live a few years more,but life is for living??
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Vegan tee total folks might live a few years more,but life is for living??
Yes, this is the difficulty.

Do I really want to reach an age where I have to be looked after, with increasing health and mobility problems, or would it be better to enjoy life now, sacrificing a few years in the process?

Hmmm! Difficult one, but I think I would hate to be reliant on anyone, so perhaps the second option would be my choice.......but......?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2010, 08:48 PM

I'm inclined to agree with OG there: life is already short so why not enjoy life's pleasures in moderation while we can?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2010, 07:29 PM

I don't think it's about living longer, it's about living life to the max while you are alive.

When I was at my worst, I might as well have been dead - cos I had no energy, couldn't get up, was miserable because of it. Going on the detox was one of the best things I ever did

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top