Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2016, 07:34 PM

Re: Echinacea - drops or tablets?

They're different to the herbal remedies, there are many different 'potencies' for a start.
I do know that in homeopathy, the mother tinctures are made from natural substances and are prepared in dilutions of water & alcohol. Theya re diluted many, many times, along with vigorous shaking of the mixture, to make even a poisonous substance safe. It is a safeguard against toxicity and side-effects of treatment.
In tablet form, the tablets must not be touched directly by hand, as the important part of the remedy is on the outside of the tablet, they are coated in it - the complete opposite to most orthodox drugs.

I think it's like any medications. The same thing doesn't have to work for us all.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:31 AM

Is it important that it's only taken in a little water?
I'm glad you told me this or I'd be more likely to take them in half a cup at least!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Is it important that it's only taken in a little water?
I'm glad you told me this or I'd be more likely to take them in half a cup at least!
Yes it is Carol - read the label
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 10:57 AM

Thank you Patsy. I will do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 11:39 AM

Thank you Patsy. I will do.

It can't be that precise Carol, so I shouldn't worry too much.
The label says to take in a little water but gives no indication of what they mean by 'little.'
20 ml is 'little' compared to a pint glass, and a teaspoon is little compared to an egg cup full, if you see what I mean.
I guess if it was that important they would stipulate an exact amount, but they don't.
Works for me anyway.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

10-02-2016, 12:33 PM

OK thank Mups. I'll use as little as possible but just enough to dilute the awful taste.
That's if it is awful...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 01:34 PM

OK thank Mups. I'll use as little as possible but just enough to dilute the awful taste.
That's if it is awful...
Good idea
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I do know that in homeopathy, the mother tinctures are made from natural substances and are prepared in dilutions of water & alcohol. Theya re diluted many, many times, along with vigorous shaking of the mixture, to make even a poisonous substance safe. It is a safeguard against toxicity and side-effects of treatment.
I think it's more a way to sell water at high prices to mug punters TBH.

People should not get confused between Herbal Remedies and Homeopathy. Herbal remedies use real products of Nature which have been tried and tested often for 1000s of years. Homeopathy is essentially a scam. The original mixtures are diluted so many times that it is impossible for there to be even 1 molecule of the original substance. It has been disproven numerous times by rational, objective tests in a controlled environment.

I recently learned that you can make your own herbal tinctures extremely easily which will save you a great deal of money. You just take a glass jar, fill it half way with your herb or spice or flower, fill up with 100% alcohol (like Vodka) so all the herb is covered, put the lid on and then just leave for 2-6 weeks shaking the jar every couple of days. It is that simple ! When it's ready just sieve the mixture through a muslin cloth and squeeze out all the tincture.

If you can get yourself an Echinacea plant you can grow your own and make your own tincture just like that.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

10-02-2016, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

If you can get yourself an Echinacea plant you can grow your own and make your own tincture just like that.
Better still - couldn't we just eat the raw leaves in a salad?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-02-2016, 09:51 PM

Better still - couldn't we just eat the raw leaves in a salad?
http://www.gardenguides.com/8-echina...ty-flower.html

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top