Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 08:19 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

“The Actors Revenge” very funny Solo.

Ah yes the OBE.
Every time I think of that I think of old Dan Moore, lord be good to him, he used to come into the pub on the first Saturday Morning of every month with the same old joke, he was a countryman and came up to the city on business, God love him we always laughed every time just to humour him.
“Morning lads, I got an OBE this morning, ain’t ya all proud of me?”
Us all together
“And what did you get it for Danny?”
“For me breakfast of course…One Boiled Egg”
Then he’d double up laughing, and when he recovered from his own hilarious joke he’d buy a round of drinks for the shop, see it can pay to humour some folks, especially when they are wealthy farmers.

I asked a “Royal Watcher” what goes on behind closed doors, he was kind enough to condense it and put it into rhyme for me.

“The Queen of hearts bakes some tarts, and they all sing her praises
The King he farts after those tarts, and is met with horrified gazes
The Knave is busy playing cards, albeit they let him win
And the Joker is in the pantry with the maid, committing mortal sin”

Ahem, we’ll say no more about that carry on, that wasn’t quite what I meant when I asked him.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 09:51 PM

I wrote a poem 6 years ago after watching some unusual cloud formations at dusk, moving me to relate this ethereal moment to whoever in verse.
Well as you all know I am a pompous windbag and when the thought came into my head "This'll look great typed in Francais " I translated it, and in Italian for good measure.

It didn't work at all.

I guess it is time I grew up.

unleash Bob Senior

Nah.. not yet!

Mebbe in a parallel universe

CLOUDS

Last night the clouds spoke to me
you might well ask how that can be.
I saw them in a different light
as the day turned slowly into night.

Last night the clouds spoke to me
High in the air moving effortlessly
What unseen power holds them there
I gaze in wonder up in the air

Nuages

La nuit dernière, les nuages m’ont parlé
vous pourriez bien demander comment cela peut être.
Je les ai vus sous un autre jour
comme le jour tourné lentement dans la nuit.

La nuit dernière, les nuages m’ont parlé
Haut dans l’air se déplaçant sans effort
Quelle puissance invisible les retient là
Je regarde dans l’émerveillement dans l’air
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Importance, what is important?, best not thought about, when something is important, someone will find you, when they do, hopefully your judgement will not be clouded.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2019, 10:55 PM

Judging importance is not always easy, particularly if there are several important issues. Life is a challenge at times.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 12:55 AM

Not that this counts toward absolutely anything-but it's true,so Jem'll like it;

I was delivering a load of horse fodder to Highgrove House.
Charles was on site-I believe he'd been to the farm-and he called in to ask if we [the chaps unloading the feed] would like a cup of tea.
Five cups were duly brought forth and Prince Charles & I were sat on a bale.
At one point,he turned to me and said "It's unusual not to be under a cascade of questions-do you not have any?"

...and,yer man Puggy came up with "Just one,sir-do you have plans for when you become queen?" Yes. REALLY.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Thanks solo, I enjoyed that. I have to admit I had never heard of George Carlin before.
The angry young man who became the middle aged angry man but always stayed original. Glad you liked it.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Importance, what is important?, best not thought about, when something is important, someone will find you, when they do, hopefully your judgement will not be clouded.
solo
UK

20-05-2019, 08:39 AM

Nice poem Robert. Cloud watching, such an uncomplicated pastime, therapeutic..and free, that is until someone tell us that we now have to pay to watch and of course the more gullible will believe that.

Clouds roll by and you make what you will of the shapes. Dragons, elephants, cats, dogs all float by and you are left with a sense of....just how tiny we really are compared to that huge expanse above you and you then need more therapy for feeling so insignificant. .

Watching coal fire flames never left you feeling like that. Along with the flickering imagined images, all you got was pleasantly warm and you could toast a crumpet at the same time. Leisurley bliss. .
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 10:06 AM

Oh Yes, just a Geezer and a bit of Crumpet, in front of a roaring Fire, getting Toastie, Coooooooorrr.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Oh Yes, just a Geezer and a bit of Crumpet, in front of a roaring Fire, getting Toastie, Coooooooorrr.
A right tasty geezer. lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top