Join for free
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2019, 11:10 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Jem, did you hammer in the Morning?
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Thank you for that clip Jem. I really enjoyed watching how the pattern progressed from nothing into something beautiful.

(are ear plugs neccessary to stop headaches or tinnitus or do you have to listen to the hammer beat to make sure it's perfect!)

Years ago when I received my signet ring I went to the jewellers to choose the initials and have them put on. The chap that did it allowed me to watch him and he used a similer delicate hammer technique. It made the ring very personal to me knowing it had been done so beautifully by hand.

Now for the latest costly workout and I jest you not. It's Whispering... yep whispering. It's supposed to give you a Braingasm...yep I said that as well. You whisper a specific mantra to bring attention to three different parts of the brain, 'hrimmmmm' for the frontal lobe and then 'shrimmmm' for the left hemisphere and 'klimmmmm' for the right...and that leaves you shrimmming with abandon. I won't go into what you have to pay to achieve a peak Braingasm but it will cost you so I will just sit here whispering "a fool and their money are soon parted over and over again...and hope for the same result....if it doesn't at least I got a workout from laughing.

All together now 'hrimmmmm' 'shrimmmm' 'klimmmmm'
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Jem, did you hammer in the Morning?
More to the point. Is your extension finished?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
More to the point. Is your extension finished?
Hi Sweetie, yep, externally all done, just got to get it plastered now, next project extending and converting the conservatory into a large kitchen, I built the conservatory about eight years ago, selling the conservatory itself will fund the building costs.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 05:35 PM

Do I hammer in the morning?
Indeed I did Spitty, all over this land, there are few things that can’t be hammered out… eventually.

It’s funny how hammering never bothers you when your doing it yourself, like using an electric drill, maybe one is having a “Braingasm” in the process and one doesn’t know it?

Quote Solo.
“Now for the latest costly workout and I jest you not. It's Whispering... yep whispering. It's supposed to give you a Braingasm...yep I said that as well. You whisper a specific mantra to bring attention to three different parts of the brain, 'hrimmmmm' for the frontal lobe and then 'shrimmmm' for the left hemisphere and 'klimmmmm' for the right...and that leaves you shrimmming with abandon. I won't go into what you have to pay to achieve a peak Braingasm but it will cost you so I will just sit here whispering "a fool and their money are soon parted over and over again...and hope for the same result....if it doesn't at least I got a workout from laughing.

All together now 'hrimmmmm' 'shrimmmm' 'klimmmmm’”

They’ll try anything to part you from your few bob Solo, according to the experts every pint I drank kills off so many brain cells, well I’ve been drinking pints of Guinness for over 50 years now, it’s a wonder I can muster up enough cells to sign me name at the post office every Friday to collect me pension, never mind having a “Braingasm”, experts me arse!, chancers the lot of them.

https://youtu.be
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
They’ll try anything to part you from your few bob Solo, according to the experts every pint I drank kills off so many brain cells, well I’ve been drinking pints of Guinness for over 50 years now, it’s a wonder I can muster up enough cells to sign me name at the post office every Friday to collect me pension, never mind having a “Braingasm”, experts me arse!, chancers the lot of them.

Couldn't resist this about the dangers of Guinness and a possible Braingasm.....

Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2019, 10:35 PM

I'm glad you yielded to temptation Solo, absolutely brilliant, best good laugh I had in a long time.
I always wondered where she gets the energy from, a wise ruler you got there, she knows a good thing when she sees it, probably took a carriage load of Guinness home with her.

It hasn’t stopped raining here all day and now we get a notice to boil any tap water we use, this is the second time in two weeks the water has been contaminated, all the big supermarkets have sold out of bottled water for the second time, a nice little Christmas bonus for the bottled water industry, it’s an ill wind and all that.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2019, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Hi Sweetie, yep, externally all done, just got to get it plastered now, next project extending and converting the conservatory into a large kitchen, I built the conservatory about eight years ago, selling the conservatory itself will fund the building costs.
WOW.
I will tell our friend.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-11-2019, 09:56 PM

Whatever happened to hot water bottles? Has central heating done away with them? But then nobody leaves the heating on all night, do they?
Back in the 1950’s every house had at least two hot water bottles, although they weren’t really bottles they were rectangular rubber things, the real bottles were brown earthenware heavy things left over from the Victorian era.
Electric blankets never caught on in my area or with anyone I knew, couldn’t afford them, besides folks couldn’t bear the thought of being electrocuted in their beds, no matter how safe they said they were they still had to be plugged into a 250V. socket to work, there were no 24V. or 18V. adapters back then to reduce the voltage and 250Vs are lethal, and I remember reading about some of them catching fire and a few lucky escapes. So it was the old reliable rubber bottle every cold night.
They worked grand, except when they leaked or your older brother hugged it to his chest all night and then in the morning when the water in it got cold it always ended up on your chest and you just flung it out on the floor in disgust, you couldn’t do that with a ceramic bottle, maybe that’s why they changed to rubber.
I really don’t know who use either bottle or blanket these days because I’ve honestly never used any heating aids in bed since I got married, and I’ve never been in anyone else’s bed with them to find out, faithful gentleman that I am, but then the wife always said I was a hot thing, not only do I generate my own heat but she was also a beneficiary .
Some shops still have the bottles and the blankets, I notice the blankets are powered by 70V now, the bottles are priced from €12 and the blankets from €15 upwards in Argos, €12 is a far cry from the two bob me mother paid for hers.
Anyway seems neither are safe according to these two quick clips I googled, good God what IS safe these days.

“Is an electric blanket bad for you?
First and foremost is because they are bad for your health. ... In addition to these health risks, electric blankets can also be dangerous for diabetics and others who may have decreased sensitivity to heat, leading to the possibility of dangerous and painful burns.. Jul 28, 2017”

“Are hot water bottles dangerous?
Every year, around 200 people are admitted to hospital with serious burns related to hot water bottles. These are not just superficial burns. Some burns can even require skin grafts and weeks of hospitalisation. ... Hot water bottles seem like such a harmless thing but the dangers are very real…Jul 8, 2015”

Best thing to do to keep warm in bed this Winter in my opinion is to get a warm partner, if that’s not possible then go to bed with your dog or cat, ah but then you might catch fleas, but like I said nothing is safe.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

05-11-2019, 10:10 PM

Oh, Jem I have hot water bottles in my cupboard.
I call them wallybottles.lol
I only ever use them if I have a tummy ache.
As for electric blankets - NO!!!

I am so hot at night, I only use a 3tog duvet in the winter.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top