Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 05:35 PM

Re: Hairdressers

I never go to the hairdressers , I cut and colur it myself . It always looks nice.
Smile
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 05:40 PM

After having short hair for years I now have an inverted bob, it’s so easy to look after, as it needs no styling in between washes. However I start new chemo on Monday so it’s likely I’ll be waving goodbye to my hair for a while!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 06:24 PM

good luck with the chemo val
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 06:30 PM

"second that DOC.
x to Val .
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 06:31 PM

I lost quite a bit of mine due to the chemotherapy, also have male pattern baldness.

But this year I got scalp micro pigmentation - a head tattoo, fundamentally, so I just look like someone who has a shaved head.

And good luck with the chemo, Val, I don't know if you've had it before but mine wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 07:20 PM

Thank you doctor, apricot and Ffosse. I started chemo a couple of months ago but had an allergic reaction to my last IV so had to stop that course, have a break and then start on a different type. With my last chemo I was told I wouldn’t lose much of my hair but I could lose it all this time. It will be hard but I’ll get a wig.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 07:28 PM

I have a graduated bob my hair is straight, natural not coloured, very thick and with a mind of its own . I bit like me really

My hairdresser gets very cross because I cut it myself instead of going to her more often .

I only ever have a dry trim, I am not paying a fortune for someone to wash and dry my hair.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Thank you doctor, apricot and Ffosse. I started chemo a couple of months ago but had an allergic reaction to my last IV so had to stop that course, have a break and then start on a different type. With my last chemo I was told I wouldn’t lose much of my hair but I could lose it all this time. It will be hard but I’ll get a wig.
Good luck!

With my chemo there was one infusion that stung my arm so badly that they had to slow down the infusion time by about half.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I have a graduated bob my hair is straight, natural not coloured, very thick and with a mind of its own . I bit like me really

My hairdresser gets very cross because I cut it myself instead of going to her more often .

I only ever have a dry trim, I am not paying a fortune for someone to wash and dry my hair.
That surprises me, i imagined you with a Perm .

I also cut my own hair and im told i make a good job .
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2017, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
After having short hair for years I now have an inverted bob, it’s so easy to look after, as it needs no styling in between washes. However I start new chemo on Monday so it’s likely I’ll be waving goodbye to my hair for a while!
I echo what others have said and wish you luck with the Chemo Val J...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top