Join for free
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 12:42 PM

Getting another tablet on Monday

I am getting a new Amazon Fire Tablet delivered tomorrow as I was so happy with my previous one which did me proud. This time I'm getting the 8" rather than the previous 7" I had.
I will still have access to Amazon Prime through my sons family account and the changeover should go well as everything from the old tablet is stored in the cloud.

I'm cheating really as my son gave me his old laptop last Christmas and I haven't even tried it out yet but was hoping to keep the laptop separate for a project I want to start soon, but will be able watch films etc and my normal internet use on the tablet which will be even lighter to carry around than the laptop.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2018, 07:49 PM

Re: Getting another tablet on Monday

I got one a while back - they are pretty good.
I still have the Nexus 7 (Google) which has been a pile of pants - constant issues, running slow etc. The Fire is much better - never an issue with it.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2018, 12:36 PM

Re: Getting another tablet on Monday

I received the new tablet on Monday as promised. This time I bought the cover to go with it so it doesn't get as scratched and dirty as the first one did.
The extra inch in size makes a big difference when watching a fiim but it still fits in the hand easily.

The only problem is I was led to believe that it was possible to update the new tablet with the old tablets info upon installation but it hasn't done it completely and has not transferred all my saved passwords. Which is a pain.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top